Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Genio cards.
 Login/Join

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
anyone got scans of these variants ???

all I have seen are the holofoil variants

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
Yea, I noticed that. I think I must have been really, really lucky, because I seemed to get quite a few golds or silvers, or any of the other sub divisions that the guys have been talking about!! I am hoping (PLEASE!!!!) that you cards will arrive soon, and you will see what shiny ones look like!!! Clap

Posts: 85 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Have i got this set sorted out yet? It seems to me there are 5 diffrent sets in this set as far as the Marvel characters are concerned.

Standard base card
Silver surround base card
Gold surround base card
Silver surround Foil
Gold surround Foil

I have some of each of these types.

Until someone proves me wrong, I still maintain that the only variant cards are those of the Marvel characters which I believe number about 12. Can anyone confirm that they have one of the general knowledge cards in any kind of variance?

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Until someone proves me wrong, I still maintain that the only variant cards are those of the Marvel characters which I believe number about 12. Can anyone confirm that they have one of the general knowledge cards in any kind of variance?

their is a foil parallel set for all the cards
- I can scan one in if you'd like

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
We certainly have nothing that would suggest there is a holofoil for all 300 odd cards.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
http://abs-cards.net/checklists/genio.html

Barrios has it on her site

doesn't really show but this is a holofoil of card #136
- why would there be one for this and not the other 360
- believe its also mentioned on the packaging as others have stated in this thread

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is the picture on this card diffrent to the standard base card 136 ?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
It looks exactly the same to me, maybe a little lighter blue but nothing major.

Posts: 85 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
same picture - just holofoil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Dear me! Well that's put the falcoln among the pigeons then hasn't it. If this is (as the poster says) a foil card (and who are we to disagree) then I give in. I've got to say though that of the 2000 odd cards that I have in my trades and collection not a single sausage contains a 'fact card' in anything but bog standard. Further, up until now no one has posted that they have one either. "Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think the falcon foil is an error card and was made as a mistake.

The foils all have diffrent artwork to the standard cards but this one has the same picture.

I am going with this unless people start to come up with other foils of the non marvel character cards.

Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
Ok, Sean the LEGEND has come to my aid once again. My Genio collection (with the exception of all these strange foils!!!) is now just one card away from completion. The elusive #190, Isildur's Bane as I now call it Mad PLEASE can anybody help me? I'll be your best friend!! I'll give you my best Donkey!!! I'll let you have a go on my Chopper (that's a bike people, before you accuse me of being rude!!!) I'll let you try on my Mr T mohican wig!!! PLEASE, I BEG OF THEE!!!! Wink

Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
RIGHT!!!! Twak MORE Genio cards on the way!!! I will have a huge amount of swaps once again, so....any requests? Sean? Still need #124? Was that the one? Anyone else?

Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Hey Guys sorry for the delay, I got both packages of Genio cards from Shaunicus and btlfannz. Thanks so much for all the help. I am now a few cards away from the complete base set. I only need the following base set cards, 9, 34, 40, 56, 73, 145, 161, 178, 182, 190, 301, 325, 343, 349. btlfannz some of the cards you sent me weren't base cards but from the regular bonus set. I now have the following bonus cards;
Regular bonus cards- 73 (Ant Man), 145 (Black Panther), 301 (DareDevil), 325 (Iron Man), 349 (Silver Surfer)
Silver foil bonus cards - 37 (Hulk), 109 (Black Panther), 205 (Elektra), 229 (Spiderman), 277 (Professor X), 289 (Cyclops), 325 (Iron Man), 337 (Punisher)
Gold foil bonus card -193 (Wolverine), 241 (Dare Devil)

I'm of the opinion that there are 360 base cards with 3 bonus sets of 30 (or 20 since some of the heroes are redundant), non foil, silver foil, and gold foil.

Also I was going thru some totes and I found my binder that goes with the Genio cards. I was very happy to see that, I had thought it may have been thrown away. BTW the binder does not mention any of the foils or bonus cards.

Posts: 74 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that you got your cards Mig, I was starting to worry!!! I get very nervous when I send things abroad these days, but I'm glad to know you got them. When I get my next batch I will have look for your needs. Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
That would be awesome Shaunicus, as for the late reply all I can say is laziness on my part. I apologize for making you nervous.

Mig

Posts: 74 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
No worries dude, I'm just glad it all worked out Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mig:
btlfannz some of the cards you sent me weren't base cards but from the regular bonus set.

Gasp!!!! (goes into dead faint)

posted Hide Post
Hey btlfannz these were the cards you sent me that weren't base cards but from the bonus set, Regular bonus cards- 73 (Ant Man), 145 (Black Panther), 301 (DareDevil), 325 (Iron Man), 349 (Silver Surfer). Did you want those back??

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Hi Miguel
Thanks for the generous offer but no, just enjoy them. In the first instance it was my mistake (ask Shaun, he's got a black belt in giving away cards out of own collection!!) and secondly, in all honesty, Genio is not a high priority with me and I have all (bar one) of the base set and that will do me. Enjoy!!