Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Genio cards.
 Login/Join

Picture of Shaunicus
posted
Hi all Wavey

I would sure appreciate any help that you guys could give me. I am just over 40 cards away from completing my Marvel Genio collection but it's getting tougher all the time!!! I've looked on all of the usual sites like Ebay and whatever swappers sites I can find but with no luck at all. Could anybody help me out, or point me in the right direction? I would be eternally grateful!! Here's hoping!!!!

Posts: 85 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I have a stack of them I would be willing to check to see if I can help you out, but there's almost no way I would all of the ones you need. I am in the U.S. and I bought them here. They were sold as single packe in plastic clamshells at some of our retail stores, but I don't remember ever seeing them in full boxes or at our comic and card hobby shops, most of which are gone now anyway. I don't think these cards were widely collected in America so you probably won't find many traders out here.

Do you know if the U.S version is the same as the U.K. version? If you could post a picture of a few of the cards that would be great, but if not, list a few of the cards with their titles and numbers, and I can compare them against mine and we can confirm if they are the same or not.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have a pile of these, get in touch. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
I've also got hundreds of these, let me know what you need.

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Well between us you should be able to make a set. Like the other posters I've got many hundreds of them. Send me a list of what you want to btlfannz@fastmail.fm and I will help where I can.
Sean

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Are there any Marvel female Genio cards? I'd be interested in any of them. Big Grin

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
What are Marvel Genio cards?
Can someone post a scan?
Thanks.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
Hey Elaine Smile

I've just had a look at the Genio binder I have and it seems HUGELY biased toward the male super heroes!!! Only Storm and Elektra actually represent the girls. Confused

Posts: 85 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
OK, Of the 47 cards that Shaun is looking for, I have found 46 of them! Anyone got a spare card 190 so that he can finish this set??

Shaun, email me a street address and I will send.
Cheers
Sean

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got two copies of # 277 with diffrent pictures on and one of them is a foil.

Is this set more complex than i thought?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that some swaps that have the same number do indeed have different pictures!! And some of them are silvers, just to complicate matters!!! Roll Eyes

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I have never heard of this set. Can someone post a scan of a card?

Thanks,

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm getting the distinct feeling that getting one of each number is not a set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaunicus:
Hey Elaine Smile

I've just had a look at the Genio binder I have and it seems HUGELY biased toward the male super heroes!!! Only Storm and Elektra actually represent the girls. Confused

I'm interested in any cards with Storm & Elektra! Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm with you Stewart, it seems that there could well be a parallel set in foil not to mention at least a couple of error cards. Can someone please post any numbers of cards that are printed differently? I have only two cards in foils # 25 & 35 which considering that I bought literally hundreds of small boxes of them indicates that they certainly are fairly scarse.

Also, just in passing, I still need five cards to finish. Can anyone help with cards 42, 75, 119, 166, 265? Anyone? Purleeze?

Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
I've just done some checking and Marvel did indeed run a parallel holofoil set alongside the normal cards. I've got some of the foil set and they do tend to have more than one picture for the same numbers. I am really only worried about the normal ones. I am going to check my swaps and see if I have the ones that you need Btlfannz Smile I'll see if I have any that would be of interest to you too Elaine Smile

Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
Hooray!!!! Btlfannz, I have all of the cards that you need, including four variants of No 265 (Mr Fantastic), which I would be more than happy for you to have. Just drop me a mail and we can sort it Clap

Picture of Shaunicus
posted Hide Post
Elaine, I have found six cards of Storm and Elektra that I think you will like. If you drop me an email we can sort it all out Wavey

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaunicus:
Elaine, I have found six cards of Storm and Elektra that I think you will like. If you drop me an email we can sort it all out Wavey

Email sent. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
See! there is a card collecting God after all!! Either that or the expression Good things happen to those who do good" is true.Thanks for the help Shaun, I really appreciate it (now where do I find the binder to go with this set?)

Email sent.