Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Weird Ebay Situation
 Login/Join
 
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Raven,

This is good advise about letting the seller know. In the future I may send a message to the seller and say the amount I want to pay. This has worked for me a few times.

I sell on eBay as well and sellers have other options. Sometimes sellers offer you a better price once they know you are watching the item.
 
Posts: 845 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I had a strange 'blocked' experience a few months ago on ebay. I bought one item on Buy It Now, had to pay separately anyway. When I came back to the site to order a second item with the same seller I had a notice come up saying I couldn't buy another item from that seller for 10 days, a setting the seller had. Eek Confused I contacted them, and they didn't know about the setting and let me buy the second item. Very weird!

Ebay is getting too bloody confusing for sellers, as well as buyers, the amount of boxes you have to tick, untick, and if you tick one category you can't do something else, or if you choose one detail you can't have another detail, even though both would be relevant to the item. Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 371 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well there is something about you he doesn't like. Big Grin

I'm not sure how eBay seller filters work anymore, but can you be automatically blocked for not meeting some minimum threshold, like number of transactions for examples? Or is it a specific block done after you bid because of something he read in your history maybe?

A seller who won't accept messages is a red flag anyway. I would just move on, he's the one who lost a good customer.


If you're blocked (for whatever reason, accidental or not) I think you can't send messages either, though I could be wrong.

____________________
Star Trek cards rule, everything else drools.
 
Posts: 4241 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
A seller who won't accept messages is a red flag anyway. I would just move on, he's the one who lost a good customer.


If you're blocked (for whatever reason, accidental or not) I think you can't send messages either, though I could be wrong.


Yeah that could be, but how counterproductive is that to not be allowed to resolve some true misunderstanding and complete the transaction? I get eBay wouldn't want to connect people to argue, but then it has to have some monitored method to convey valid messages.

I don't think it does, because buyers had to jump through hoops to try to reach a seller years ago when I was still buying on eBay. eBay was more concerned with people circumventing their sales than they were with conducting legitimate business. That roadblocking and the changes in accepted payment methods that they arbitrarily imposed to push Paypal down your throat was what ultimately caused me to chuck the whole thing.
 
Posts: 9440 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Buying/selling/trading on eBay or Facebook groups has gotten bizarre. People want it their way or no way at all. Not an eBay tale but a Facebook group tale. A sale
Post went up and I asked would they trade as well. He said he trades at the value of 10 to 1. His card was 20 dollars so he wanted 200 dollars in cards in trade. I politely declined. A few weeks later he offered to trade at 9 to 1. I declined again. I found the card from another member of the same group for 8 dollars.
 
Posts: 5743 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and Ebay doesn't make it easy to talk to someone at Ebay but it is the only way to resolve anything. Not everyone has the time to do that on a given day. Years ago, Ebay ruled in my favor on some dispute but only because I went on hold for a while and talked to any actual person. I don't remember the situation. It seemed like a slam dunk for me, but no, I had to state my case in full to somebody or it might have ended differently. You can't always do that in 80 characters.



quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
A seller who won't accept messages is a red flag anyway. I would just move on, he's the one who lost a good customer.


If you're blocked (for whatever reason, accidental or not) I think you can't send messages either, though I could be wrong.


Yeah that could be, but how counterproductive is that to not be allowed to resolve some true misunderstanding and complete the transaction? I get eBay wouldn't want to connect people to argue, but then it has to have some monitored method to convey valid messages.

I don't think it does, because buyers had to jump through hoops to try to reach a seller years ago when I was still buying on eBay. eBay was more concerned with people circumventing their sales than they were with conducting legitimate business. That roadblocking and the changes in accepted payment methods that they arbitrarily imposed to push Paypal down your throat was what ultimately caused me to chuck the whole thing.
 
Posts: 3383 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right, selling is different than it was 15 years ago. You need to preview your listing or the BIN you thought you set will go out as a 7-day auction starting at 99 cents. There's a box for country of manufacture. That isn't applicable for a fossil, meteorite, or mineral specimen. I guess you could put "Heaven" if there's a write-in field available. They don't fit in a franchise either.


quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Ebay is getting too bloody confusing for sellers, as well as buyers, the amount of boxes you have to tick, untick, and if you tick one category you can't do something else, or if you choose one detail you can't have another detail, even though both would be relevant to the item. Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 3383 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013