Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Garbage Pail Kids (Topps) shirt cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garbage Pail Kids (Topps) shirt cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone have any info on this 10 card set that
came with shirts ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Posted for David R.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, John. Has anyone else come across these ? I am told that they are very tough to find

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I would have thought if these were to be given away with shirts there would have been loads of them printed so they must be somewhere.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John posted a scan of the P1 promo for me in the General Promo section below.

Never knew that one existed, either !

posted Hide Post
I worked on this project with the Hundreds.

They did a set of shirts, keychains, hats, and posters. I don't recall cards or stickers, but it was 3 yrs ago so maybe my memory is just fuzzy. I just sent an email to them real quick to see what the deal was. Could have been promos for an event or something.

They also did a set of giant, poster sized sticker cards-- in a giant wax wrapper-- limited to just 15 sets. Sent to press and media only.

btw, the characters are based on employees of the company (The Hundreds)

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Martian, so these cards came out in 2011 ? I don't see a date on them

I never heard of the P1 promo or the 10 card set, nor did any of my friends, until someone posted on these on a Garbage Pail Kids Facebook page the other day.

Even the die hard promo collectors I spoke to said they never saw the P1 promo before

posted Hide Post
Spoke to a guy from Hundreds (or formerly of Hundreds-- Ashley of "Trashy Ashley")…

As I suspected, these were never sticker cards. What you're seeing here it sounds like are the keychains. The only time they were cards were the giant poster-sized ones.

Unless you've got more info, it sounds like these are not promo cards after all.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know what to say, but I have all 10 in hand plus the P1 promo. They are not key chains. They are cards with peel off stickers on the front, like so many other GPK stickers

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I don't know what to say, but I have all 10 in hand plus the P1 promo. They are not key chains. They are cards with peel off stickers on the front, like so many other GPK stickers

May I ask where/how you got them?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sure. From a collector on a GPK Facebook page who says that he obtained them from Hundreds. There was also some discussion and photos of the other items you mentioned, the oversized posters, etc

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Sure. From a collector on a GPK Facebook page who says that he obtained them from Hundreds. There was also some discussion and photos of the other items you mentioned, the oversized posters, etc

I'm getting touch with the guys at The Hundreds to see how many were made. And also so I can get some for myself!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Martian Commander, good luck

I don't know if you saw the scan of the P1 in the General Promo section below, that John posted for me. Look at the outline around the character. Clearly both the P1 and the 10 card set are peel off stickers

posted Hide Post
The plot thickens...

Ben at the Hundreds insists they never printed standard sized sticker cards.

Though perhaps at first it might sound far fetched, I wonder if a fan simply scanned the oversized poster cards and had a unique set (or sets) printed bootleg.

I don't know-- I can say with sincerity it's a bit of a conundrum.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can email me at mistermycroft@msn.com and I will give you the name of the guy on Facebook who has them. You can then speak with him to get more info

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Martin Commander, are you on Facebook ?

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Topps. GPKs' T-shirts available in their store! Just generic Adam Bomb ones though! Frown

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoffmaster007:
Just got an email from Topps. GPKs' T-shirts available in their store! Just generic Adam Bomb ones though! Frown

Hot Topic also has a design in both male and female, if you're looking for something different than the plain Adam Bomb.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottop...T-Shirt-10124430.jsp

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Martian Commander, i stumbled on this thread (https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2577004176) and noticed you have contact information for the guy who has these hundreds sticker card sets for sale. Not the larger ones or the keychains, just the regular sticker cards. I Hope you can help me with this as i really love the artwork on them. Thanks for your help.

P.S. - Do you know how much they are selling for?

Posts: 1 | Location: USA  | Registered: April 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just became of aware of this. I didn't have his contact info previously. Wasn't aware this was such a significant problem until now.

Am dealing with it currently... disappointed to see it was a trusted member of the community.

Thanks.