Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Received Retail box instead of Hobby Box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Received Retail box instead of Hobby Box
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
I bought a box on Star Wars Evolution Update Addition cards of of the Auction site. The listing didn't mention either Hobby or Retail, but the description mentioned "Possible autographed cards"

The box I received was the retail version which does not contain any autograph cards

Looking back at my order, I should have looked more closely at the picture as one does show it as a retail box (mentions Galaxy Crystal Cards - which are from the retail versions)

I am still happy with the cards as I got other inserts I needed, and I know its buyer beware, but think the seller needs to be more clear which version they are selling.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I got stuck with a couple of retail boxes like that from a hobby store. Because it was a hobby store and it was no great bargain price, I didn't even look beyond the box cover. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't be hobby boxes. It wasn't my regular place and I never went back, but I learned the lesson.

It's a shame, but almost everybody lets their guard down at least once and gets stuck. Next stop paranoia, but you won't be fooled again. Big Grin

Its a good thing you were still happy with cards because it might be hard to dispute that non-description. However you can certainly tell the seller why he/she won't be seeing you again. It couldn't hurt to see the response.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's not fun at all -- sorry.

Good advice. . . Nearly the same thing happened to be once . . . I'm not sure what the set was -- one of the earlier Marvel sets. . . I didn't even realize there was a retail product -- sketches only existed in the hobby boxes. I think I might have those boxes still around somewhere -- all these years later it still ticks me off when I see those boxes.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
This is why I do not buy from a certain company anymore. My wife purchased a box for me a couple of years ago. Not knowing the difference between retail and hobby, she thought I was going to get some possible good inserts. It was crappy retail boxes. Boycotting them ever since

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some time ago I won a Topps LOTR box from the auction site. I didn't realize it til after I had won AND paid that it was a Retail box - wasn't described as such, but the pic showed Retail. I contacted the seller and was grateful they cancelled the bid and refunded my money as it hadn't been shipped yet, but that was a lesson learned and I've never made that mistake again. I imagine you'll also be more vigilant going forward!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post