Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Received Retail box instead of Hobby Box

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2557032596

January 02, 2021, 01:59 PM
AWR
Received Retail box instead of Hobby Box
I bought a box on Star Wars Evolution Update Addition cards of of the Auction site. The listing didn't mention either Hobby or Retail, but the description mentioned "Possible autographed cards"

The box I received was the retail version which does not contain any autograph cards

Looking back at my order, I should have looked more closely at the picture as one does show it as a retail box (mentions Galaxy Crystal Cards - which are from the retail versions)

I am still happy with the cards as I got other inserts I needed, and I know its buyer beware, but think the seller needs to be more clear which version they are selling.
January 02, 2021, 02:15 PM
Raven
Many years ago I got stuck with a couple of retail boxes like that from a hobby store. Because it was a hobby store and it was no great bargain price, I didn't even look beyond the box cover. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't be hobby boxes. It wasn't my regular place and I never went back, but I learned the lesson.

It's a shame, but almost everybody lets their guard down at least once and gets stuck. Next stop paranoia, but you won't be fooled again. Big Grin

Its a good thing you were still happy with cards because it might be hard to dispute that non-description. However you can certainly tell the seller why he/she won't be seeing you again. It couldn't hurt to see the response.
January 02, 2021, 06:37 PM
webjon
That's not fun at all -- sorry.

Good advice. . . Nearly the same thing happened to be once . . . I'm not sure what the set was -- one of the earlier Marvel sets. . . I didn't even realize there was a retail product -- sketches only existed in the hobby boxes. I think I might have those boxes still around somewhere -- all these years later it still ticks me off when I see those boxes.
January 07, 2021, 03:46 PM
willgull
This is why I do not buy from a certain company anymore. My wife purchased a box for me a couple of years ago. Not knowing the difference between retail and hobby, she thought I was going to get some possible good inserts. It was crappy retail boxes. Boycotting them ever since
January 07, 2021, 04:53 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Some time ago I won a Topps LOTR box from the auction site. I didn't realize it til after I had won AND paid that it was a Retail box - wasn't described as such, but the pic showed Retail. I contacted the seller and was grateful they cancelled the bid and refunded my money as it hadn't been shipped yet, but that was a lesson learned and I've never made that mistake again. I imagine you'll also be more vigilant going forward!