Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone......
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted
.ever open the same EXACT box as one you already had opened. I mean EXACT down to the autos, subsets, special inserts, foil parallels, etcetera? This just happened to me. I only get a few boxes a year...what are the odds.

Twak "Rackin Frackin.......!"

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Many years back I bought a box of X-Men Series 1 by Impel and every single pack I opened was the same! The same exact 6 cards! no deviation at all! I couldn't believe it. I went back to the comic book store where I bought it, showed them and they replaced it. Great customer service. They were just as surprised and perplexed as I was.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! The odds is somehow like a lottery.

I wouldn't mind getting exact duplicates as if I can sell for just a little higher than my acquisition cost. If not, that s*cks.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have had the same autographs come out of different boxes, but never an exact duplication of everything.

Unless I got one of the best hits twice, I would not like it at all. Frown

Posts: 10411 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
In the old, old days, I remember getting two boxes of Marvel Masterpieces Series I and getting the exact same three foils cards in both boxes and after making a set having the almost the exact duplicates cards. To be fair though there were only 5 insert cards and they fell 2 to 3 a box so your odds of getting dupes were pretty high!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Happened to me twice. Both X2 and The Two Towers. Different boxes from different sources and both boxes had exactly the same cards in them, down to the foils and everything. At least I was able to trade the LOTR autograph with another guy on the spot thus making us both happy.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
The Xena Art & Images set from RA

Same inserts, same sketch artist and the sketches were almost identical.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I happened to me with 2 Amalgam boxes from 2 different sellers.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, UFO (cards inc)
I opened a box and got Ed Bishop auto twice and X2 future fashion inserts, in my 2nd box I had Ed Bishop auto twice and the same 2 future fashions.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had this happen several times in RA's earlier releases, Stargate comes to mind.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post