Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X-Files UFOs and Aliens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files UFOs and Aliens
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
I have looked up the checklist on Jeff Allender's site for these cards, but I don't think it's complete or accurate. The Redacted Files cards only go up 25, but I have noticed at least two cards numbered higher than 25. Is there another X-Files set from UD that I have somehow missed, or does the checklist need to be updated/revised?

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I think the redacted files cards go to 25 in boxes but 26 - 30 are achievement cards on epacks.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, sittin9duck !

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
These are the cards.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for both the info and the images! I need to spend some research time on the e-card achievements.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Thanks for both the info and the images! I need to spend some research time on the e-card achievements.

There are a lot of them!

I wonder if master set builders consider ePack achievements as part of the master set. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
When you buy epack pack's the base are digital only and you need to combine a number of them to get a physical base. That base is exclusive to epacks. It is up to the collector to decide if they consider the box and epack as different releases or need all for master set. Some are a lot different some almost the same.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
Some are a lot different some almost the same.

Yeah ... With some early sets I tried to check differences in the digital versus physical versions. That turned out to be so complicated (or at least it is if you don't have a master physical set). I decided it could be expensive and time consuming -- enough that I could conclude that collecting digital cards is a different hobby specialty. The Achievements are specially numbered physical cards, so they can be considered a legit add-on to the regular lists, but they aren't found in boxes and packs and (at least in the beginning) it was a heck of a job trying to figure out all of them. I call it a some-day-research-quest.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Some are a lot different some almost the same.

Yeah ... With some early sets I tried to check differences in the digital versus physical versions. That turned out to be so complicated (or at least it is if you don't have a master physical set). I decided it could be expensive and time consuming -- enough that I could conclude that collecting digital cards is a different hobby specialty. The Achievements are specially numbered physical cards, so they can be considered a legit add-on to the regular lists, but they aren't found in boxes and packs and (at least in the beginning) it was a heck of a job trying to figure out all of them. I call it a some-day-research-quest.

The digital base are the same as the box base on screen but when you combine the 5, 10 or 20 digital you need you get a physical variant exclusive to epacks. If you want to know the achievement cards for a set go on epacks clip the achievement tab and you can view the achievement cards for each set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Okay, so here is another question: I notice that many of the SSP cards (numbered 201-300) have a grey/white pattern around the edge, while some do not. Is this also an e-pack thing? I see that one of the pictures shown above (Gillian Anderson card) shows this pattern, and one does not. Does it also occur in the lower numbered cards (under 200)?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Will,

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
On epack the x-files base cards 101-200 are digital sp (short print) and you need 5x digital to combine for the epack physical exclusive black parallel. Cards 201-300 are the same but even shorter print. So the only x-files epack base you can get are the black parallel.

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Okay, so here is another question: I notice that many of the SSP cards (numbered 201-300) have a grey/white pattern around the edge, while some do not. Is this also an e-pack thing? I see that one of the pictures shown above (Gillian Anderson card) shows this pattern, and one does not. Does it also occur in the lower numbered cards (under 200)?

All the digital base cards show as the box version on epack and you have to combine them to get a physical card. The picture above shows the digital card on the left and epack exclusive on the right.

Also an epack base set of 100 cards will cost over $23 as it costs $0.23 to take each card off epack as a handling fee. Then postage on top of that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sittin9duck,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
On epack the x-files base cards 101-200 are digital sp (short print) and you need 5x digital to combine for the epack physical exclusive black parallel. Cards 201-300 are the same but even shorter print. So the only x-files epack base you can get are the black parallel.

I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person(!) but all of this e-Pack parallel business hurts my head. It's a real turn-off in deciding whether or not to buy their stuff.
I haven't bought any of UD's new Bond or X-Files cards, as great as they look, because it's all just a bit too complicated.
Heaven forbid you are a master-set collector, you'd need to be rich to get all these achievement autos for starters.

The information really ought to be more accessible.

I appreciate you posting the in info you have, I have looked at the Aliens cards on COMC countless times and never realised the base cards are foil/silver variants to the box/case release, until you posted the images above. Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just so I understand--the black parallel cards are the physical manifestation (sorta) of epack cards? I have managed to pick up a base set of cards 1-200, and they are all white. The cards I have numbered 201-300 are mixed--some are white, some are the black parallels (?). This is all very confusing...

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just so I understand--the black parallel cards are the physical manifestation (sorta) of epack cards? I have managed to pick up a base set of cards 1-200, and they are all white. The cards I have numbered 201-300 are mixed--some are white, some are the black parallels (?). This is all very confusing...

Sounds like your 1-200 are from boxes and your 201-300 are mixed. Someone must of bought the 201-300 as single or batches to complete the set not knowing there is a difference between them.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sounds like your 1-200 are from boxes and your 201-300 are mixed. Someone must of bought the 201-300 as single or batches to complete the set not knowing there is a difference between them.

I would have been one of those people. I didn't realize the difference until I started putting the 201-300 cards in with the others. Roll Eyes