Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Jay Lynch passed away today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jay Lynch passed away today
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted
Jay Lynch passed away today, March 5, 2017, of pancreatic Cancer. He will be missed.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was a legend in his field, and one whose influence will go on and on.
The world is a more than a little less "wacky" today.
Rest in peace, Jay Lynch.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
That is so sad. I'm so sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Frown

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You knew his art without looking for a signature.

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ohh wow. Thank you for posting.

Very serious bummer. . . godspeed Mr. Lynch.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I meant to put this in the News forum.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jay's friend and fellow artist Skip Williamson has also just passed away. They knew each other since they were teenagers, and had parallel careers. Both worked on underground comix extensively through the 1960s. I'm pretty sure that Williamson did some work for Topps, maybe for the obscure set "Funny lil Joke Books", or something similar.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post