Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christopher Walken
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Did he ever sign as Zorin for any of the Rittenhouse Bond sets ?

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Sadly not. One of my most wanted Bond cards. Frown
Still, RA managed to persuade Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry so I have high hopes...

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would really love the opportunity to get a Walken autograph from Bond, but I get the feeling that it won't happen. I think he enjoys his anti-establishment image too much to stoop to paid autographs. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So who are the major Bond actors who have not signed for Rittenhouse sets:

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Diana Rigg
Daniela Bianchi
Carole Bouquet

Anyone else, who is still living ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about major, but I'd love an Allison Doody auto, more for the Indiana Jones connections than the Bond...

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David R:

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Diana Rigg
Daniela Bianchi
Carole Bouquet

QUOTE]

They should have a good shot at Diana Rigg as she has just signed for The Women of The Avengers set by Unstoppable although having said that she liked being Emma Peel and loathed the Bond film.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder why Dalton hasn't signed ? For the past 20 years, he's appeared at many Bond reunions, on TV reminiscing about his 007 days, etc. Seems like he's had nothing but good memories

Both he and Roger Moore were very close with the Bond film producers, and Dalton was even a pallbearer at Albert R. Broccoli's funeral in 1996

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Diana Rigg
Daniela Bianchi
Carole Bouquet

Anyone else, who is still living ?

Besides Walken, and the others listed above, these are the important names still remaining (MAIN Bond Girls, Villains and miscellaneous!):

Akiko Wakabayashi
Michael Lonsdale
Louis Jordan
Grace Jones
Benicio Del Toro
Robbie Coltrane
Eva Green
Jeffrey Wright
Mathieu Amalric
Javier Bardem
Ralph Fiennes

I'm also surprised Dalton has not signed yet, he seems to reminisce quite often and fondly about his time as Bond, I'd hope one day he'll be up for signing some cards. Since RA got Brosnan, Dalton is my most wanted Bond auto card by a mile. Yes - even more than a Connery auto!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Diana Rigg
Daniela Bianchi
Carole Bouquet

QUOTE]

They should have a good shot at Diana Rigg as she has just signed for The Women of The Avengers set by Unstoppable although having said that she liked being Emma Peel and loathed the Bond film.

I think, perhaps, for the first time ever, collectors can hope Rigg is a realistic possibility. With her now being familiar with signing trading cards, albeit for another company, and after she did a UK convention which no-one saw coming(!) I've for my fingers crossed. For all the "she doesn't like signing Avengers and Bond stuff" she certainly seemed happy enough at that show. I would LOVE to see her on a Women of Bond style auto card.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Claudine Auger is my most wanted Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Akiko Wakabayashi (Aki the forgotten bond girl) is a no, didn't she gracefully decline after hurting her hands in a car accident ?
Coltrane, Green + Wright are on the never list, Grace Jones wanted too much money to sign, Diana Rigg seems to sign Avengers but maybe has issues with Bond, Charles Dance + OOna Chaplin ( Luv You ) both have signed Game of Thrones for Rittenhouse but maybe for various reasons won't sign Bond ? Benicio Del Toro claimed The Usual Suspects was his first movie which was made after Licence To Kill, but he has since appeared on LTK extras talking about pranking during filming, everyone guested before hand Fiennes wouldn't sign because Artbox never got him for Harry Potter, which is a really pain has Skyfall only had 10 major speaking lead roles (including Patrice the silent assassin)
Albert Finney would have been a nice addition + what about the new Q ? I'm also living in hope for Javier Bardem and Mattias Alric, and amoung plenty of already signed but not yet full bleed, pieceful fountains of desire and cigar girl included.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
HOW on earth did did I forget Claudine Auger?!? Another MASSIVE early name we need.

I accidentally wiped Ben Whishaw from my mind (not a great fan of his Q) but Albert Finney should have been on my list. Oona Chaplin I wouldn't rank as being even remotely in the same leagues as those being discussed and Charles Dance, as much as a fan of his I may be, is more of a curiosity bit-part in the Bond universe. Would still love a full-bleed card from him though.

With the other names I honestly would never rule anyone out. Even though Connery can be one big grouch most of the time, with him the same has always been true: money talks, particularly when it comes to Bond.
Even Brosnan who was treated badly by the producers at the very end of his stint as Bond, and was rather bitter about it all, came around in the end.

With the u-turns on Brosnan, Halle Berry and Diana Rigg in recent years, who knows what may come. Those 3 were all "NEVER NEVER!" autographs and now we have them, albeit the latter on Avengers.
Eva Green for example has been said to be a difficult signer and yet is good at signing through the mail for fans. Grace Jones, whilst wanting more than RA said they would pay (and this was a few years back so things may have changed) is at least theoretically willing to participate.

The best example I can think of though (and along a similar vein to Connery) is Harrison Ford aka "the grumpiest man in Hollywood" who has gone from supposedly hating Star Wars and its fans to not only becoming a willing and fairly regular signer of trading cards but starring in a new Star Wars film no less! So I'm of the belief that anything can happen.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree, Charles Dance was in an early bit role, which is more of an embarrassment to him, but while signing GOT he could have been in line for Bond as well, same with Oona Chaplin, who played a serving girl assaulted by seedy general Medrano, I know she doesn't come on the top list but her GOT auto photo is gorgeous Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Also Michael Lonsdale as Hugo Drax in Moonraker. He was a good baddie.

With is age, I am not sure if he will be signing cards.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anything is possible. In 2005, Sean did the From Russia With Love video game-- supplying all new voice work-- and he said he had "a lot of fun" doing it

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't count on Connery ever signing, he's retired to the point that he won't even grant interviews anymore.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Scotland vote yes to independence he'll be so happy he'll do anything you ask him Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Diana Rigg
Daniela Bianchi
Carole Bouquet

QUOTE]

I think, perhaps, for the first time ever, collectors can hope Rigg is a realistic possibility. With her now being familiar with signing trading cards, albeit for another company, and after she did a UK convention which no-one saw coming(!) I've for my fingers crossed. For all the "she doesn't like signing Avengers and Bond stuff" she certainly seemed happy enough at that show. I would LOVE to see her on a Women of Bond style auto card.

Minor correction, I believe Unstoppable actually attended the UK convention where Diana Rigg was signing, and she signed the cards in person there. She (or her agent) are yet to actually "agree" to signing trading cards in the usual way, which makes me a little less optimistic that Rittenhouse will get her for Bond! Sorry to put the dampeners on things Frown

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post