Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    American Horror Redemption
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Horror Redemption
 Login/Join

Picture of Dex1186
posted
Hey Guys,
I got a box of American Horror season 1 online and got a Sarah Paulson Redemption card in it. I see Breygent is no longer running for me to mail the card too.

Is there anywhere someone can guide me or am I **** out of luck? Lol

thanks

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately you are out of luck as there is no where for you to mail the redemption card to.

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
That's a shame. Thank you very much for writing me back though.

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Before buying older sealed boxes you should try checking out to see if any redemptions are in there. It may just be one particular card or, in some cases, the entire autograph checklist might have redemptions. In recent years it has gotten much less frequent just because there were so many problems with collectors waiting so very long for cards and sometimes having to accept substitutes.

Just about every redemption card has either an expiration date or some kind of "while supplies last" notice in the details. Then it wouldn't even matter if the card manufacturer is still in business, they just can't honor the redemptions indefinitely and that would be understandable.

You can still purchase sealed boxes that have a significant number of redemptions or have some of the bigger hits as redemptions that you know have timed out, just get them at a discount. There still could be a lot of other good hits like relics or sketches in there and of course the base cards and inserts. You just don't want to pay like you still had at a chance at everything.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
You still might have a shot. Tom is still a member here and is a swell guy. He might can help you. I don't see where shooting him a polite e-mail can hurt. If he can't do anything, at least you made an effort.

tom@breygent.com

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is Tom still answering emails at Breygent.com? When I try to go to Breygent.com there is a 'Domain For Sale' page now.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much for your help! I'll definitely send Tom a message glad to hear he's still around on the forums!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Is Tom still answering emails at Breygent.com? When I try to go to Breygent.com there is a 'Domain For Sale' page now.

I have a feeling he's not involved much or if at all. When we got those last few posts about Breygent changing direction and not producing cards, none of them came directly from him and he used to answer at least a few himself.

He always was helpful and a nice man the one time I ran into him, so it would be good to hear what he's doing now.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Breygent doesn't exist anymore and I would imagine stock has been sold off. Tom isn't sitting at home with thousands of cards ready to redeem. Tom is, I believe, involved in a small way with dynamite.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Tom is, I believe, involved in a small way with dynamite.

That would make sense. Dynamite, with their retail and Kickstarter campaigns, are putting out products for the same or close to the same kind of titles Breygent used to carry. Good for him.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post