Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RARE NSU BACK ISSUES
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cardaddict,

Thank you for the issues you (including an extra one!). You did a great packing job. The magazines are all in great shape. I started reading them yesterday. 2008 was the year NSU had to do something about the price guide - enough new sets to account for that some of the old stuff had to get deleted along with the guide getting split up so that the A-L sets were listed in one issue and M-Z in the next. It wasn't just the number of sets either. Many sets had a large number of autographs and other chase subsets so it ate up space even listing most of them. It's interesting to read about one year in the card collecting world that I missed.

Thanks again,

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I never could find that Vol. 11, #1, although I just now found all the Volume 12's on down.

However, I have all the 2008 issues, and they are yours. The Fantastic Four are on Vol. 19, No. 5.

Posts: 4392 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
One on eBay now.

Thanks for the heads up! Thumb Up Major addition to my master set. End of a 15 year hunt Clap

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
One on eBay now.

Thanks for the heads up! Thumb Up Major addition to my master set. End of a 15 year hunt Clap

Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I am cleaning house and I found that Volume 11, No. 1 issue. Are you still interested in it?

Posts: 2505 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have a number of back issues of NSU, Wizard, Previews, Collect and Combo from the 90s on up, which I do not want. If anyone wants any of these, for the price of postage and maybe a dollar or two for gas, let me know which specific issues you need.

Posts: 2505 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in another box full of old NSU. It was about a year ago that you sent me the set from 2008. I would be interested in all the issues from 2007 and into 2006 - whatever fit in a flat-rate box like you did last time. I would kick in a couple of bucks for your effort as well.

Thanks,

Jess

quote:
I have a number of back issues of NSU, Wizard, Previews, Collect and Combo from the 90s on up, which I do not want. If anyone wants any of these, for the price of postage and maybe a dollar or two for gas, let me know which specific issues you need.

Posts: 4392 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict

Good Afternoon, do you happen to have a copy of Vol 27 No 3 June-July 2016 with the Ghostbusters cover which is the alternative cover to that the issue of Peter Capaldi as Dr Who, both being regular issues rather than 1 regular and a special issue. Instead of getting 1 of each I ended up with 2 copies showing Peter Capaldi. This was the first issue under the Beckett Media banner.

regards

John Levitt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No, sorry. My issues go up to OCT/NOV 2012, with some gaps here and there from a few issues I saved. If I have time I'll try to make a list of what I have after sending Jess what he wants.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, sorry. My issues go up to OCT/NOV 2012, with some gaps here and there from a few issues I saved. If I have time I'll try to make a list of what I have after sending Jess what he wants.

Cardaddict

Many thanks for the reply, Issue Vol 27 No 3 is the only NSU Magazine I am missing.

regards

john

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have started digging through the box and discovered I DO have the mags up to 2017! The more organized I try to get, the more disorganized I seem to become. However, I only have the Doctor Who cover of the JUNE/JULY issue you need!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have started digging through the box and discovered I DO have the mags up to 2017! The more organized I try to get, the more disorganized I seem to become. However, I only have the Doctor Who cover of the JUNE/JULY issue you need!

Cardaddict

Many thanks for looking, I'm sure one will turn up eventually.

regards

John

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Wizard and Collect were fun to read. Can’t remember when they ended their runs, but I’d be interested in a few issues between 1998-2003.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think Collect! ended sometime in 1999 or 2000. Like NSU, I used to buy every issue. I might still have the last issue I saw for sale in a box somewhere.

Wizard lasted several years longer. I see where someone said it ran until January 2011.

As a side note, there is an article about promo cards in the August 1996 and September 1996 issues. The second article listed the 20 Most Wanted promos authored by a well-known collector at the time. I haven't heard from Lee in maybe twenty years.

quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Wizard and Collect were fun to read. Can’t remember when they ended their runs, but I’d be interested in a few issues between 1998-2003.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have:

WIZARD
1995, all except January and July
1996, all
1997, all
1998, July
1999, May
2000, September

COLLECT
1995 October (2 copies), November
1996, January
1997, June, November
1998, May to December
1999, February (2 copies), March, May, August

Also have some Cards Illustrated, Fan (list on request)

ADVANCE #s 79 to 94

Just let me know!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]

As a side note, there is an article about promo cards in the August 1996 and September 1996 issues. The second article listed the 20 Most Wanted promos authored by a well-known collector at the time. I haven't heard from Lee in maybe twenty years.

[QUOTE]
Jess,
I'd love to read that article. Can you email it to me please?

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

I don't have it as a file and I don't have a scanner but I can certainly photocopy both articles and send them to you.

I hope you and everybody on Card Talk had a good Thanksgiving.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
Jess,
I'd love to read that article. Can you email it to me please?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Just saw your post.Thanks so much Jess. I'll send you an email with my address.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what were the 20 most wanted promos that he listed ?

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tommy C,

I've been thinking of posting about that. I don't think anyone at NSU would mind. It's been over 20 years and that magazine is no longer in business so I assume NSU would be a gracious victor and be okay with it. I think it's a topic that will get some of us talking. I'll start the thread in "General Promo Talk" later.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Just curious, what were the 20 most wanted promos that he listed ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I went to the Post Office but they didn't have the 20 Most Wanted promo cards up on the bulletin board.