Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RARE NSU BACK ISSUES
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just want to say thanks to Cardaddict for another well-packed box of NSU issues which I received today. I've leafed through just three issues so far though I read Bill DeFranzo's promo columns and will be looking through the items in Roxanne's auction list, featuring Frank Reighter's massive card collection in the April/May issue.

In one of the issues Bill talked about his constant effort to properly catalogue and store his collections, noting that had a run of NSU for reference. I wanted the back issues for the same reason - the various bits of information that sometimes get lost over time. I get to refresh my memory and learn things I missed at the time.

I even saw myself mentioned in the old "Finders Keepers" column. Like many others, I let NSU know when I found oddball cards out in the world and sent a sample. Card Talk members can just start a thread when we find cards but I still miss "Finders Keepers" as a column.

Anyway, I hope more members take him up on his offer and help him clear his attic. It's fun to look through back issues, snapshots of our hobby's recent past.

Thanks again, Cardaddict.

Jess

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:

COLLECT
1995 October (2 copies), November
1996, January
1997, June, November
1998, May to December
1999, February (2 copies), March, May, August

some Cards Illustrated

Just let me know!

Just getting back into the swing of things after the holiday.
I’d be interested in any of the Collect and Cards Illustrated that you can to spare Smile

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You are very welcome, Jess.

And all the Collects and Cards Illustrateds are still available.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
"In one of the issues Bill talked about his constant effort to properly catalogue and store his collections, noting that had a run of NSU for reference."

When I acquired my dearly departed friend's collection, I also got his accumulation of NSU Price Guides that you refer to in your post. He truly was the quintessential and consummate collector. I still miss sharing stories with him.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't particularly want to have copies of all these old magazines, but I would love to have digital scans of them.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
And all the Collects and Cards Illustrateds are still available.

Cool. How can I get in contact with you? Is the DM on CardTalk?

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You'll either have to post your email address on your profile or else get mine from Jess, if you have his. I would prefer not to post mine for various reasons. I hope that works.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post