Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
RARE NSU BACK ISSUES
 Login/Join
 
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Anyone here collect NSU back issues?

Which are the rarest issues?

There used to be an archive on the site about the previous back issues including covers. But when you click on links the pages are blank? http://nonsportupdate.com/back-issue-archive

I'm always looking for the VOL 11 #1 featuring the Charmed cover and the Roswell cover possibly of the same volume.



Back issues don't tend to come up second hand that often or are pretty pricey.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,
 
Posts: 934 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can get lucky with Ebay or Amazon sometimes. I did when I was looking for a particular issue on Dark Horse signing cards. Some comic book stores keep back issues of various card magazines even from the 90's.

The rarest issues might be the more limited show versions of the regular issues done in the early 2000's unless it's a more recent one which has a promo (or has one of a subset of promos) that has become scarce.



quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Anyone here collect NSU back issues?

Which are the rarest issues?

There used to be an archive on the site about the previous back issues including covers. But when you click on links the pages are blank? http://nonsportupdate.com/back-issue-archive

I'm always looking for the VOL 11 #1 featuring the Charmed cover and the Roswell cover possibly of the same volume.



Back issues don't tend to come up second hand that often or are pretty pricey.
 
Posts: 688 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I recently saw a nearly complete set of NSU magazines on EBay some still sealed but am not sure were it was as it was only a cursory look have a look on the E Bay Site Map go to trading cards list scroll down to magazines or go to the magazines section it was over a month ago so it might not be there or sold
Piko
PS The trading card list is in collectibles section
 
Posts: 174 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of NSUs in my closet and more up in the attic.
 
Posts: 1744 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I have a ton of NSUs in my closet and more up in the attic.


Is that a suggestion you might be willing to part with your issue of Vol 11 #1 if you had it? (No idea in exchange for what yet but I'm putting the suggestion out there).

Or are you just sharing what an impressive collection you've got? Thumb Up
 
Posts: 934 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
If I can find it, it's yours, but it's about 110 degrees in my attic right now so give me some time to look.
 
Posts: 1744 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
If I can find it, it's yours, but it's about 110 degrees in my attic right now so give me some time to look.


That's all really kind of you - Even just going out of your way to look.

If you find it let me know the shipping costs and send me your want/need list to work out a trade. Thanks for all your help. Thumb Up
 
Posts: 934 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this issue would be considered a "rare" one, but there was a variant Rogue One cover exclusive to the MCM Birmingham Comic Con. It had a Star Wars promo numbered to 999. Here's the thread talking about it:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....453/m/4047034486/p/1
 
Posts: 414 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
If I can find it, it's yours, but it's about 110 degrees in my attic right now so give me some time to look.


That's all really kind of you - Even just going out of your way to look.

If you find it let me know the shipping costs and send me your want/need list to work out a trade. Thanks for all your help. Thumb Up


I have issues from volume 13 to 28 or whatever downstairs, so the earlier ones are up in the attic. I will let you know.
 
Posts: 1744 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Not sure if this issue would be considered a "rare" one, but there was a variant Rogue One cover exclusive to the MCM Birmingham Comic Con. It had a Star Wars promo numbered to 999. Here's the thread talking about it:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....453/m/4047034486/p/1


No it would not be considered rare as there are 999 copies around somewhere, however a sealed copy is probably quite scarce.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 27556 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Within that thread Triple-Frog mentions that there's an Arrow variant issue number to 250. That seems pretty rare!

As for the Rogue One issue, Harris mentions that it's closer to half of the 999 Topps promo cards.
 
Posts: 414 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
In the 2000s weren't there comic con exclusive variant issues that were super low count eg #/100? Think it was Buffy or something? Could be wrong on that?
 
Posts: 934 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were at least three SDCC exclusive variant issues. The one you might be thinking about had the embossed version of the B5-2 promo in NSU Volume 12 #4 (2001). Only 777 of those cards were released.


quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
In the 2000s weren't there comic con exclusive variant issues that were super low count eg #/100? Think it was Buffy or something? Could be wrong on that?
 
Posts: 688 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cardaddict,

If you are still offering back issues, please let me know if you have Volume 19, #6 if that's the one from 2008 with the Fantastic Four on the cover. I would also be interested in photocopies of Bill DeFranzo's column from the other issues of that year unless you're willing to let those go as well. I would cover the postage, copy costs, and would also like to know if I can offer anything else.

Thanks,

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
If I can find it, it's yours, but it's about 110 degrees in my attic right now so give me some time to look.


That's all really kind of you - Even just going out of your way to look.

If you find it let me know the shipping costs and send me your want/need list to work out a trade. Thanks for all your help. Thumb Up


I have issues from volume 13 to 28 or whatever downstairs, so the earlier ones are up in the attic. I will let you know.
 
Posts: 688 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I never could find that Vol. 11, #1, although I just now found all the Volume 12's on down.

However, I have all the 2008 issues, and they are yours. The Fantastic Four are on Vol. 19, No. 5.
 
Posts: 1744 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I want to compensate you so you'll want to do it again. You likely have other issues I'd like to get.

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,
 
Posts: 688 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Not sure if this issue would be considered a "rare" one, but there was a variant Rogue One cover exclusive to the MCM Birmingham Comic Con. It had a Star Wars promo numbered to 999. Here's the thread talking about it:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....453/m/4047034486/p/1


No it would not be considered rare as there are 999 copies around somewhere, however a sealed copy is probably quite scarce.


There, bizarrely, were only 500 copies made and I do have a sealed one
 
Posts: 11557 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
I really like that cover and the promo of Darth Vader's Tie-Fighter is cool, too Thumb Up
 
Posts: 414 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Anyone here collect NSU back issues?

Which are the rarest issues?

There used to be an archive on the site about the previous back issues including covers. But when you click on links the pages are blank? http://nonsportupdate.com/back-issue-archive

I'm always looking for the VOL 11 #1 featuring the Charmed cover and the Roswell cover possibly of the same volume.



Back issues don't tend to come up second hand that often or are pretty pricey.


One on eBay now.
 
Posts: 11557 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that one variant from the 2010 Chicago show with the Topps Star Wars Ewok relic card in it, limited to 300 or so ?
 
Posts: 2096 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013