Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Sketch Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
And, you're welcome!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

I concur. Some real crackers in there.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was looking through my CAPTAIN AMERICA THE WINTER SOLDIER binder, and behold and lo! I found some sketch cards I forgot about! So, here they are!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I like the detail of the B/W. No idea which character she is though. The thing about the sketches from some of these Marvel sets is that the subjects weren't confined to the title, so you never knew who you were getting. I don't think that Wolverine had anything to do with Winter Soldier. Big Grin

When it comes to the autographs, sketches and relics, I keep those cards in separate group binders and not with the base sets, parallels or inserts. I may not even have the set to keep. The advantage of consolidating and storing the hits by type is that you don't lose them mixed up with set binders/boxes and it is much easier to maintain a database of your more valuable cards.

Of course in my collecting I have always skipped around and have never been fixated on titles besides maybe Game of Thrones. Even with that one, I don't really try to complete anything, but I have learned how to maintain order so I can find everything. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my sketches are (mostly) with the sets they came in, which does make them harder to find, as I have no database.

I think the B&W sketch is a female Punisher.

Wolverine once read a Captain America comic book.

I pulled all those sketches from packs, except the B&W, which I bought.

I was thinking about finishing my WINTER SOLDIER set until I saw what the chase and autos I was missing were going for, and then I quietly put the binder back on the shelf.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was looking to see if I had a BETTIE PAGE PRIVATE COLLECTION embossed E2 card (I don't), and I came across this sketch. Along with my latest 3:

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches -- especially that Finch!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Yes, birds are always nice to have sketches of.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This isn't a sketch card, but sort of a reference to them. I found this old page from a FLEX magazine in my files about trading cards, which I am going to put with my ANIMAL MYSTIC card set.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Julie Bell was a bodybuilder as well. Don't know if she did competitively.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few more "heavy duty" sketches. A couple of these are on thick stock. Luckily they are "strong" enough to force their way into the weakling binder sleeves.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My latest scary sketch cards:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The horns on the head are stylish, but she's got to pluck that chin. Big Grin

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Got me another She-Hulk sketch, an ACEO this time, shown with my She-Hulk Vibranium cards, which were quite inexpensive when I picked them up, although I think they've gained a bit in value since.

BASE?
RAW
MOLTEN 160/299
REFINED 92/99
RADIANCE 43/50

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
I got some to share too. Quite like the sketches from the older sets.

Here's from Upper Deck's Iron Man 2 (Joe Pekar) and Indiana Jones set (Kody Chamberlain).

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Some sketches from Avengers and Doctor Who!

Avengers from Andy Fry. Have to say his skills are great!

Daleks sketches!

Doctor who!!

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
My personal favourite from Star Wars 3D set

From Mick & Matt Glebe and a beautiful Padmé Amidala by Sol Mohamed