Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One and Done
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yeah maybe not....for some reason I thought he did.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
I could see Vin Diesel signing again for a Guardians of the Galaxy/Groot card.

Jeffrey Jones signed once for Sleepy Hollow in 1999, and then got himself arrested for sex crimes in 2000. Probably won't see him sign anything ever again.

Ellen Cleghorne, Chris Farley, and Phil Hartman all signed a single time for Star Pics SNL, and then went and died. "One and done" for sure.

Ellen Cleghorne may not sign again, Bill, but she's alive and doing fine. I just saw her on an episode of Michael Che's HBO show.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In Bill's defense, I recall a mention of her passing on TV or online some time ago. I believe someone confused her with another comedienne.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
I could see Vin Diesel signing again for a Guardians of the Galaxy/Groot card.

Jeffrey Jones signed once for Sleepy Hollow in 1999, and then got himself arrested for sex crimes in 2000. Probably won't see him sign anything ever again.

Ellen Cleghorne, Chris Farley, and Phil Hartman all signed a single time for Star Pics SNL, and then went and died. "One and done" for sure.

Ellen Cleghorne may not sign again, Bill, but she's alive and doing fine. I just saw her on an episode of Michael Che's HBO show.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Yikes! I screwed up almost as much as Tony Dow's wife. Ms. Cleghorne, if you are reading this, my apologies.

(I mixed her up with Danitra Vance, who isn't even in the set, but is deceased.)

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
One of the entries for my card data base is if it is the only card they have signed.
Some of them I don't think we will see any more from are:

Willem Dafoe - Spiderman
Ann B Davis - Brady Bunch
Agathe DeLaBoulay - AvP
Guillermo del Toro - Hellboy
Danny Devito - Batman Returns
Charles Durning - NCIS
Gary Kurtz - SW 30th
Robert Easton - Star Trek
Mick Fleetwood - Star Trek TNG
Robert Forester - Twin Peaks
James Franco - Spiderman
Frank Gorshin - Star Trek If you don't count the TimeM cards.
Mie Hama - Bond
Tom Hardy - Star Trek
Ray Harryhausen - Vintage Posters (in fact most of that set)
Rutger Hauer - Alias
Isaac Hayes - SG
John Heard - BSG
Christina Hendricks - Firefly
Charlton Heston - POTA
Hal Holbrook - Outer Limits
James Hong - Archer
Kris Kristofferson - POTA
Jerry Lewis - Golden Age (the rest were stickers)
Heather Locklear - Looney Tunes (I could see a future pop century but it will be on a sticker and look horrible)
Mako - Conan
Steve Martin - Looney Tunes
Mary Mastrantonio - Grimm
David McCallum - Outer Limits
Ian McShane - Dark Rising
Jessica Walters - Archer
Ivan Reitman - Ghostbusters
John Ritter - Buffy
Vincent Schiavelli - Bond
Angus Scrimm - Alias
Tony Shaloub - MIB
Martin Sheen will probably only have one on card. He did show up to pop century this year.
Ozzy and probably the rest of the fam
Paul Sorvino - Star Trek TNG

Just to name a few. I realize some of these could sign again but it seems unlikely given how much time and opportunity has passed. Also it is a high probability that if they sign again it will be a sticker.

I like the on card rule but not sure I agree with the reason for eliminating sticker sigs. We have seen plenty of on card sigs held up at the manufacturer only to show up years later. I would have put Dick Miller on the list but RA just announced him in an upcoming set. Martin Landau had stickers out before the on card was released. On the flip side I really don't think we are going to see any more Harry Dean Stanton cards from UD.

Another rule you could add is only nice autogaph aka Richard Dean Anderson vs RDA! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Harlan Ellison - Outer Limits

Also signed for Babylon 5. Profiles set I believe.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Harlan Ellison - Outer Limits

Also signed for Babylon 5. Profiles set I believe.

Ed

Now that you say it I believe you are correct. Bound to get a couple wrong. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So far I have only seen details of cards from US manufacturers, there must be loads more if you look at manufacturers further afield. For example Strictly Ink/Unstoppable must have had quite a few signers that would fit the bill especially with some of the behind the camera crew.

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
So far I have only seen details of cards from US manufacturers, there must be loads more if you look at manufacturers further afield. For example Strictly Ink/Unstoppable must have had quite a few signers that would fit the bill especially with some of the behind the camera crew.

John

Yeah...I'm just not as familiar with how many times many of them signed. Pretty sure Edward Woodward only signed one. Think Robert Vaughn only signed one on card. Had a couple stickers too.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Ellen Page will probably never sign as Ellen again. But she did sign a single and duo card for UA.

Not sure if it counts per the rules, but Page also signed for Leaf Limited Inscriptions, but I think there were very few autographs -- 15 max.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I don't know if he's signed for American Pie, Pop Century or their ilk but George Clooney only has a Batman and Robin autograph to my knowledge.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's a nice list mykdude.

Only saw Beau Bridges and Rebecca De Marnay once, in "The Outer Limits", as far as I know.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Only saw Beau Bridges and Rebecca De Marnay once, in "The Outer Limits", as far as I know.

Beau Bridges has a Stargate auto from Rittenhouse Stargate Heroes set from 2009.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:

Beau Bridges has a Stargate auto from Rittenhouse Stargate Heroes set from 2009.

OK, I wasn't sure about her with all those Pop Century sets.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Bill reminded me I got a few of em wrong

Charles Napier signed more than one ST card
Elfman signed a NECA Nightmare b4 Xmas
George Murdock for TZ
Rosamund Pike for Doom.

Also mentioned that Jonathan Harris signed a 97 Inkwork lost in space....not sure I have ever seen one.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jeff Bridges has only signed one.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Personally from a collecting perspective, I think the one and done list is one of the most important. A licensed product that places a signature in such a limited role is a foundation in many collecting circles.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Paul Sorvino, rest in peace, also had a Pop Century a few years ago.

Like John Ritter, a couple of my other favorite actors signed once, then died not too long after, David Bowie and Bill Paxton. Frown

Golden Age had a neat autograph card set within the set of "Bad News Bears" actors.
Tatum O'Neal signed for Pop Century (and maybe Jackie Earle Haley for that, too, or something else), but the other signers are unlikely to ever sign again, none of them having gone on to continued acting careers like Tatum and Jackie.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
One of the entries for my card data base is if it is the only card they have signed.
Some of them I don't think we will see any more from are:

Kelsey Grammer - X-Men

Grammer also signed 7 years prior to his Trek card for Rittenhouse's X-Men 3 set.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Grammer also signed 7 years prior to his Trek card for Rittenhouse's X-Men 3 set.

List adjusted