Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One and Done
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Hugo Weaving? LoTR
Margaret Whitton Major League subset
Jeffery Demunn Walking Dead
Paul Winfield Star Trek
Woodward and Bernstein Golden Age

Posts: 4847 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
This is a good thread. I only used to collect "rookie" non-sport autograph cards.

Rosamund Pike signed twice; Bond & Doom.

Kristoffer Kristofferson has also signed twice; Planet of the Apes and Upper Deck Icons.

Adam Sandler for Star Pics and Upper Deck Icons.

One and Done:

Johnny Depp (Charlie & The Chocolate Factory)
Ryan Reynolds (Wolverine)
Liev Schreiber (Wolverine)
Taylor Kitsch (Wolverine)
Uma Thurman (Batman & Robin)
Brendan Gleeson (Harry Potter)
Michael Caine (Batman Begins)
Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins)
Katie Holmes (Batman Begins)
Jamie Bell (King Kong)
Kyle Chandler (King Kong)
Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games)
Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games)
Hailee Steinfeld (Ender's Game)
Asa Butterfield (Ender's Game)
Amanda Seyfried (Veronica Mars)
Elizabeth Banks (Spider-Man 3)
Thandie Newton (Riddick)
Seth Rogen (The Green Hornet)
Terrence Howard (Iron Man)
Ben Kingsley (Thunderbirds)
John Cho (Star Trek)
Anton Yelchin (Star Trek)
Luke Evans (The Hobbit)
Robert Englund (Charmed)
Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters)
Rosa Salazar (American Horror Story)
Justin Theroux (Alias)
David Cronenberg (Alias)
Jessica Alba (Dark Angel)
James Cameron (Dark Angel)
Salma Hayek (Wild Wild West)
Alexander Ludwig (The Seeker)
Jamie Dornan (Once Upon A Time)
Jenna Elfman (Looney Tunes)
Aubrey Plaza (Parks & Recreation)
Nick Offerman (Parks & Recreation)
Aziz Ansazi (Parks & Recreation)
Hank Azaria (The Simpsons)
Harry Shearer (The Simpsons)
Marcia Wallace (The Simpsons)
Nick Stahl (Terminator 3)
Allison Mack (Smallville)
Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Smallville)
Terence Stamp (Smallville)

Do non-franchise cards count (ie. Allen & Ginter, Upper Deck)?

Anthony Bourdain (Allen & Ginter)
Aaron Paul (Allen & Ginter)
Snoop Dogg/Snoop Lion (Allen & Ginter)
H. Jon Benjamin (Allen & Ginter)
Chrissy Teigen (Allen & Ginter)
Mark Wahlberg (Upper Deck Icons)
Denzel Washington (Upper Deck Icons)
Wesley Snipes (Upper Deck Icons)
Dennis Quaid (Upper Deck Icons)
Rick Moranis (Upper Deck Icons)
Joel McHale (Topps)
Zazie Beetz (Goodwin Champions)
Stephen Root (Goodwin Champions)
Randy Jackson (American Idol)
Ryan Seacrest (American Idol)
Mike Myers (Star Pics)
John Goodman (Upper Deck Yankee Signature Series)
Christina Aguilera (Upper Deck)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bone,

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, non-franchise cards do apply and are frequently the ones we miss seeing. I don't think they have been mentioned too much yet, but many of those "Fans of the Game" autograph cards, which went out in sports cards, were one and done.

Great list bone. Thumb Up

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Raven. These are the only cards that I used to collect (1st or only autograph). I managed to get 90% of these at one point. I didn't include the ones that have already been mentioned (Tommy Lee Jones, Liam Neeson, David Bowie, etc.)

I also didn't include "Fans of the Game" or "Americana" as they're sticker autographs but a lot of good one and done cards can be found from those sets (Willie Nelson, Kurt Russell, etc.)

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RE: Bone's list

Robert Pattinson and Brendan Gleeson have both signed twice:

Robert Pattinson 2005 Artbox Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Robert Pattinson 2011 Summit Entertainment The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 B1A

Brendan Gleeson 2005 Artbox Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Brendan Gleeson 2007 Artbox Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Update

Within Allen & Ginter and Goodwin Champions, a person may have more than a single signed card. They can have ink color variations, or not inscribed/inscribed. The manufacturers count these as different cards and they are checklisted separately.

For example, Zazie Beetz has a "base" signed card, signed cards with two different inscriptions, and a "Splash of Color" signed card.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jay Chou from Green Hornet. Is there a more valuable non-sport autograph that so many collectors probably don't even realize is so valuable? The last one on eBay sold for $3000.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:

Robert Pattinson 2011 Summit Entertainment The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 B1A

Within Allen & Ginter and Goodwin Champions, a person may have more than a single signed card. They can have ink color variations, or not inscribed/inscribed. The manufacturers count these as different cards and they are checklisted separately.

For example, Zazie Beetz has a "base" signed card, signed cards with two different inscriptions, and a "Splash of Color" signed card.

This is true of Stephen King and Johnny Rotten, who signed in only one set each, but had regular Goodwin style and Goudey variations within the set, so two different cards. David Lynch signed only for the first Twin Peaks Rittenhouse set, but he has a single and a dual (with Kyle McLachlan) in that same set.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

This is true of Stephen King and Johnny Rotten, who signed in only one set each, but had regular Goodwin style and Goudey variations within the set, so two different cards.

Not counting cuts, TCDB lists four different Stephen King autos:

2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions - Autographs #A-SK Stephen King AU
2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions - Autographs Inscribed #A-SK Stephen King AU, SN20
2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions - Black and White Autographs #150 Stephen King AU
2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions - Goudey Autographs #G25 Stephen King AU

as does Johnny Rotten.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right, I forgot about the black & white, but the inscribed autograph is the same card as the regular autograph. It just has the inscription "They All Float!" and is hand numbered to 20, so there are 3 different cards.

Fright Rags has just come out with a new set, for "Creepshow" that features 6 more autograph cards, to get their company total to somewhere near 30 after similar sized sets for "Halloween", "Day of the Dead" and "Night of the Living Dead", plus two cards from "Saw" and one-offs from "Re-Animator" and "Silent Night, Deadly Night", so some of those signers, certainly, are exclusive to those sets.

(I'll have a "Creepshow" box break to share, shortly. Hoping for the Tom Savini autograph.)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Intresting point here. If a person signs for a set and no other set then they have only signed once, the fact that they did multiple versions of the same card in diffrent coloured pens etc does not in my opinion mean they signed more than once.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Intresting point here. If a person signs for a set and no other set then they have only signed once, the fact that they did multiple versions of the same card in diffrent coloured pens etc does not in my opinion mean they signed more than once.

I tend to agree....I always monitor pop century based on total run and not the goofy little numbers on the card. Personally I prefer the fewer nice cards over the general slop. Smile

Posts: 4847 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, you're right. Robert Pattinson actually has 3 cards for Harry Potter (solo, dual & quad).

What does the Twilight card look like? I don't think I've seen that one before. Is it an official card or a promo?

Brendan Gleeson's Harry Potter update cards were never released. There was a redemption card but they were never fulfilled. If I remember correctly, they were replaced with a Michael Gambon card instead.

quote:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bone,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As regards the sticker autographs, I think upon reflection that we can include certain signers on stickers as being "One and Done". The Pop Century type signers are the ones that keep coming back, but if you look at "Fans of the Game" as an example, is Meat Loaf ever going to sign again? No. Is Regis Philbin? No. There are some sticker signers, especially on older product, that you can make a good guess won't reappear anywhere.

Same thing with the fact checking. It's OK not to know about another one. If there is a second card out there, aren't we still talking about very limited autographs that aren't likely to become an open floodgate someday? That's the main thing, because that's what makes these singularities important. Some may be expensive; many will be fairly cheap. Many collectors may not know they are even out there.

So that's what I'm enjoying about these lists, which many of you seem to have created for yourselves. It's another way to group your collection and a resource for collectors to use to find old/new certified autograph cards that they may not have known are there. Keep 'em coming. Smile

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Ellen Page will probably never sign as Ellen again. But she did sign a single and duo card for UA.

No, Rob told me at the last Philly show that they had to have him redo his cards as Elliot for the upcoming set, when they already had a second “Ellen” Page completed and returned. So I guess Rittenhouse will be destroying those cards.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
This is a good thread. I only used to collect "rookie" non-sport autograph cards.

Rosamund Pike signed twice; Bond & Doom.

Kristoffer Kristofferson has also signed twice; Planet of the Apes and Upper Deck Icons.

Adam Sandler for Star Pics and Upper Deck Icons.

One and Done:

Johnny Depp (Charlie & The Chocolate Factory)
Ryan Reynolds (Wolverine)
Liev Schreiber (Wolverine)
Taylor Kitsch (Wolverine)
Uma Thurman (Batman & Robin)
Brendan Gleeson (Harry Potter)
Michael Caine (Batman Begins)
Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins)
Katie Holmes (Batman Begins)
Jamie Bell (King Kong)
Kyle Chandler (King Kong)
Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games)
Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games)
Hailee Steinfeld (Ender's Game)
Asa Butterfield (Ender's Game)
Amanda Seyfried (Veronica Mars)
Elizabeth Banks (Spider-Man 3)
Thandie Newton (Riddick)
Seth Rogen (The Green Hornet)
Terrence Howard (Iron Man)
Ben Kingsley (Thunderbirds)
John Cho (Star Trek)
Anton Yelchin (Star Trek)
Luke Evans (The Hobbit)
Robert Englund (Charmed)
Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters)
Rosa Salazar (American Horror Story)
Justin Theroux (Alias)
David Cronenberg (Alias)
Jessica Alba (Dark Angel)
James Cameron (Dark Angel)
Salma Hayek (Wild Wild West)
Alexander Ludwig (The Seeker)
Jamie Dornan (Once Upon A Time)
Jenna Elfman (Looney Tunes)
Aubrey Plaza (Parks & Recreation)
Nick Offerman (Parks & Recreation)
Aziz Ansazi (Parks & Recreation)
Hank Azaria (The Simpsons)
Harry Shearer (The Simpsons)
Marcia Wallace (The Simpsons)
Nick Stahl (Terminator 3)
Allison Mack (Smallville)
Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Smallville)
Terence Stamp (Smallville)

Do non-franchise cards count (ie. Allen & Ginter, Upper Deck)?

Anthony Bourdain (Allen & Ginter)
Aaron Paul (Allen & Ginter)
Snoop Dogg/Snoop Lion (Allen & Ginter)
H. Jon Benjamin (Allen & Ginter)
Chrissy Teigen (Allen & Ginter)
Mark Wahlberg (Upper Deck Icons)
Denzel Washington (Upper Deck Icons)
Wesley Snipes (Upper Deck Icons)
Dennis Quaid (Upper Deck Icons)
Rick Moranis (Upper Deck Icons)
Joel McHale (Topps)
Zazie Beetz (Goodwin Champions)
Stephen Root (Goodwin Champions)
Randy Jackson (American Idol)
Ryan Seacrest (American Idol)
Mike Myers (Star Pics)
John Goodman (Upper Deck Yankee Signature Series)
Christina Aguilera (Upper Deck)

Knowing what we know now, I doubt anyone would want Allison Mack or Jeffrey Jones to sign again. I certainly wouldn’t.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mack's signature looks particularly painful:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
quote:
Ellen Page will probably never sign as Ellen again. But she did sign a single and duo card for UA.

No, Rob told me at the last Philly show that they had to have him redo his cards as Elliot for the upcoming set, when they already had a second “Ellen” Page completed and returned. So I guess Rittenhouse will be destroying those cards.

Ahh, destroying . . . . OK. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Knowing what we know now, I doubt anyone would want . . . Jeffrey Jones to sign again. I certainly wouldn’t.

I assume you mean Jeffery Jones the actor (who is a registered sex offender) and not Jeffrey Jones the artist who transitioned to Catherine Jones and died. (both have signed cards).

Paul Reubens also had to register as a sex offender for a while, but seems to have rehabilitated his reputation, and has a number of signed cards. Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist, but has a ton of signed cards. Kobe Bryant signed a bunch after his sexual assault issues.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Knowing what we know now, I doubt anyone would want . . . Jeffrey Jones to sign again. I certainly wouldn’t.

I assume you mean Jeffery Jones the actor (who is a registered sex offender) and not Jeffrey Jones the artist who transitioned to Catherine Jones and died. (both have signed cards).

Paul Reubens also had to register as a sex offender for a while, but seems to have rehabilitated his reputation, and has a number of signed cards. Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist, but has a ton of signed cards. Kobe Bryant signed a bunch after his sexual assault issues.

OJ Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

OJ Wink

C'mon, Mike, we all know that OJ didn't do it, and is busy right now looking for the real killers, at golf courses all across America.