Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Arts
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks Triple-Frog, that is wonderful. I hope you will share what you find, sketch alongside screen-cap. BTW: Have you visited the LOTR storyboards on my site:
FOTR storyboard, TT storyboard, ROTK storyboard. I hope you enjoy these.

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The storyboards are exceptional and show a much more extensive knowledge of the movies than I have Smile .

I can't hope to match your expertise linking sketches to scenes but I will post try and post some of my collection where the scene is particularly well known.

Posts: 2371 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you again Triple-Frog for your very kind words regarding the storyboards. Apart from watching the three LOTR films many times, my knowledge of the scenes was enhanced by a number of wonderful websites (acknowledged in my storyboard introduction), but for your easy reference they are listed below.

I hope you will visit often and can check-out the other sites and gain as much enjoyment as I did. Looking forward to seeing your collection.

LOTR screen-cap websites

LOTR TK421
framecaplib
Arwen-undomiel Screencapped.org

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To commemorate the 127th anniversary of J.R.R. Tolkien’s birth-date on 3 January 2019 and the second anniversary of the launch of , a dedication to Roger Garland (who tragically died in October 2017) has been posted in: Middle-earth artists : showcase .

This dedication gives an account of Roger’s life and influences and highlights his unique Middle-earth art, a small sample of which is displayed below.

Barad-dûr

Gollum

Smaug the Magnificent

Two Trees of Valinor

It is hoped that you find this dedication informative and entertaining and providing an insight into Roger as a remarkable artist and gentle, gracious and generous person.