Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Arts
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks Triple-Frog, that is wonderful. I hope you will share what you find, sketch alongside screen-cap. BTW: Have you visited the LOTR storyboards on my site:
FOTR storyboard, TT storyboard, ROTK storyboard. I hope you enjoy these.

Posts: 38 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The storyboards are exceptional and show a much more extensive knowledge of the movies than I have Smile .

I can't hope to match your expertise linking sketches to scenes but I will post try and post some of my collection where the scene is particularly well known.

Posts: 2393 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you again Triple-Frog for your very kind words regarding the storyboards. Apart from watching the three LOTR films many times, my knowledge of the scenes was enhanced by a number of wonderful websites (acknowledged in my storyboard introduction), but for your easy reference they are listed below.

I hope you will visit often and can check-out the other sites and gain as much enjoyment as I did. Looking forward to seeing your collection.

LOTR screen-cap websites

LOTR TK421
framecaplib
Arwen-undomiel Screencapped.org

Posts: 38 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To commemorate the 127th anniversary of J.R.R. Tolkien’s birth-date on 3 January 2019 and the second anniversary of the launch of , a dedication to Roger Garland (who tragically died in October 2017) has been posted in: Middle-earth artists : showcase .

This dedication gives an account of Roger’s life and influences and highlights his unique Middle-earth art, a small sample of which is displayed below.

Barad-dûr

Gollum

Smaug the Magnificent

Two Trees of Valinor

It is hoped that you find this dedication informative and entertaining and providing an insight into Roger as a remarkable artist and gentle, gracious and generous person.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Such beautiful work...!

Posts: 3 | Location: Province of Quebec | Registered: March 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk Ms. Hardy, you don't do so bad yourself. I have been lucky enough to pull some of your work from Grimm, AvP, Aliens and of course LotR boxes. Just wanted to tip my hat. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 6935 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Raven, thank you for the welcome!

Posts: 3 | Location: Province of Quebec | Registered: March 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
That Smaug image is amazing!

Posts: 2887 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ingrid Hardy:
Such beautiful work...!

Dear Ingrid, thank you for stopping-by and for your kind words about Roger's work. Roger’s contribution to art, especially that of Middle-earth, was remarkable, his untimely death is a huge loss to the art-world.

As Raven notes, your own art is amazing, a small sample of this can be found on LOTRArts at: LOTRArts articles

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
That Smaug image is amazing!

Thank you mykdude: I agree, Roger’s depiction of Smaug is iconic.