Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    ratios in X Files CCG V1 Booster Packs?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ratios in X Files CCG V1 Booster Packs?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
so two ultra rares in my case.
plus i got two rares i would have ended up spending $20 on.
so...it was just worth it financially.
although it wouldn't have been if i had got an ultra rare i already had.
the time was worth it for the experience.

had to edit because i went to put deep throat in my folder and he was already there Frown
so it would have been more cost effective to just buy the last few cards i wanted.
o well. cheap learning experience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: handicapabletrader,

Posts: 53 | Location: Springfield | Registered: June 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so now i have about 800 spare cards that i didn't even consider.

i guess i get to spend tommorow seeing if i can make an almost complete second set.

if anyone wants it i would happily exchange for an almost complete set of something similar.
i'm also interested in any card sets that are art:tank girl, spawn, ren and stimpy or anything cool i don't know about.

or these are the cards i'm still chasing
119 fixed
127 fixed
162 ultra rare
164 fixed
172 ultra rare
174 ultra rare
243 ultra rare
270 ultra rare
293 ultra rare
294 rare
303 rare
338 rare
339 fixed

and all promo cards except MULLIGAN
Thanks Smile

Posts: 53 | Location: Springfield | Registered: June 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If this box was typical, rares average 2 per pack and ultras 2:36 packs. It's odd that the old price guides had less than a 10:1 ratio in "value". The ratio based only on rarity should be even higher than 36:1 because rares were in starter boxes too.

I suspect that there were two or more distribution ranges within the rares for v1; other CCG series even identify "Rare-1" "Rare-2" etc. or "Very Rare". But because of the bad collation across the series, we didn't have enough data. With the 101361 expansion, we concluded that even the uncommons had a huge range of scarcities. I don't know where we shared the "research" so many years ago.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it's all very wierd to me. is it usual to find consecutively numbered cards like this? it felt a bit annoying seeing the same 7 commons then the same 5 uncommons. come up over and over followed coz it means making a second set will be harder and i'm going to have a fair few cards i now have 8 of.
it was only the rares that seemed to be chosen at random.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I've got a ccg set but mine is the Alien vs Predator from Decipher. I have all the cards but am missing a few of the promo cards.

Just found another binder with full sets of x-men ccg and Star Wars Young Jedi ccg.

I'm a ccg collector and had forgotten. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The reason why more non-sport card collectors aren't CCG enthusiasts is because we want to play with our cards ourselves and couldn't find three other people to play with us anyway. Big Grin

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
x men ccg? i think i know what i'll collect next.