Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Binging on Card Talk
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
Over the last four nights I have read every post made on this General Card Discussion since 2003. Why? Just 'cos I can! I am now officially retired and have the time to do such crazy things.
Interestingly taking all posts into consideration the topic that appears noteworthy is around 65% about Ebay's shipping charges, 25% talking about the death of the hobby and the remaining comments about the value of inserts and everything else (approx 10%).

It was a really interesting journey and l learned a lot.

In particular the failed thread to get the Magic Box concept up and running again. Geoff Bovey made a start but for various health and family reasons was unable to bring it to fruition.

Well the good news is I have decided that I would like to give this concept a go.

If this interests you then go here The Return of the MYSTERY BOX (under General Discussion - next post)

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
While I was wandering through all of the posts I noted that Harris used to post regular data asa to who had posted the most for each month as well as those who logged up the most topics started for the month. What ever happened to those reports?

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wow, you must really have gone back in time.

People used to congratulate members when their post counter numbers turned over, which was nice. That's about all I remember happening.

Reports must have been before my time, but I'm guessing that at some point it was too much work to keep the tracking going.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it went out of use following a competition that was based on a number of posts being reached in order to qualify.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I think the reason I stopped posting them is it was encouraging people to post for the sake of posting and I was getting dinged for being an enabler. LOL So I stopped.

That's really cool that you went through all these posts. Also cool about to seeing you trying to get the mystery box going again.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's right Harris, it was all canned because of Wolfie's fast fingers who persisted in topping the listers for too long Lol!

Also, thanks for condoning the Magic Box programme, I really appreciate your support.

We shall see!!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
Yeah, that's right Harris, it was all canned because of Wolfie's fast fingers who persisted in topping the listers for too long Lol!

How Wude. Big Grin

Oops that was another post. Twak

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post