Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars Force Awakens - Target Exclusive Expansion Cards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Force Awakens - Target Exclusive Expansion Cards?
 Login/Join

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted
I was at my local Super Target earlier today and noticed a "stack" of loose Star Wars cards on the end cap where they had the new Topps Star Wars The Force Awakens - Series 1 trading cards displayed (this was in the toy section, not where they normally display their trading cards). Anyway, there were only three different cards in this stack of about 60 cards or so and I asked a guy working in the department what the deal was and he said they were freebies. I helped myself to a pair of each of the three, bought some packs (of course) and went on my way. It wasn't until I came home that I noticed they were numbered 101, 102, and 103. Since the base set only goes to 100 - I'm assuming that these are some sort of Target exclusives. I haven't read anything about this anywhere, so I'm only guessing at this point. Anyone know anything about this?

The cards I came across are as follows:

#101 - Maz Kanata
#102 - Wollivan
#103 - Grummgar

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good catch! I see two of them on the auction site, and they didn't mention Target but called them "promos". Perhaps they are preview cards for Series 2?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I know Headless found a number of these today at Target as well.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I just got back from Target and now I'm seeing this thread. Frown

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I got them from Target after reading this thread. They were not displayed. When I asked the store manager he brought them out for me.

Thank you aeolus14ummbra

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently they were supposed to be given out during a Star Wars themed event in the stores over the weekend. I have a couple of friends who checked stores near them and were told all the cards were given out over the weekend.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Can someone please post a scan of the card?

Thanks,

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
They're the same design as the base cards, but they don't have the foil stamping on the fronts.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I was at Target in Tuscaloosa, AL just now with my wife and son and a young man in electronics was giving out the three cards to anyone (one set per person). All the bottom right corners have a little ding in them but we all walked away with a set. He had about 10 to 12 more sets left.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It's hit or miss with those. Our Target was out of them when I asked, but congrats to those who got them. I love it that cards are still used as promotional items from time to time...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post