Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    THOR Movie Cards question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THOR Movie Cards question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted
Jeff Allender's checklist has a THOR MOVIE CARD listed. Anyone know what this is?

Also, he does not list the Tom Hiddleston autograph as part of the THOR MOVIE set. Is this just an oversight?

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
It's a card set for the Thor movie.
The Tom Hiddleston auto was released in the Avengers movie card set.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I think both of these things are a simple mistake. I think the "Thor Movie Poster Card" and Base Card #1 Thor Movie Credits, are in fact the same card. One side has a picture of the Thor poster with MAY 2011 on the bottom, the reverse side has the films credits on it. Looks like whoever made the checklist got mixed up and counted them as 2 separate cards when it is just the 1.

Also, the Tom Hiddleston autograph card IS part of the THOR MOVIE set. So yes, that is just another oversight.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Aha! That explains it. Not that I'm doubting you, but are you sure the Hiddleston auto was in the AVENGERS ASSEMBLE set? That means I'll have to move it!!!!

And thanks for your help! As you can see I'm a bit behind on collating my cards. I also just started MARVEL BEGINNINGS 1 today! Have to catch up!

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Raj is mistaken. The Tom Hiddleston auto IS from the THOR set, NOT the Avengers set.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
Raj is mistaken. The Tom Hiddleston auto IS from the THOR set, NOT the Avengers set.

I second that...... Smile

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The bottom line is that you shouldn't trust the sell sheets, but UD doesn't make our lives easier. robomole is correct in both cases.

The "Thor Movie Poster Card (1)" was listed on Upper Deck's set-composition list for both the Hobby and Retail boxes, together with a "Talent of Thor (9)" insert set. Upon release the press blog says clarified them as part of the base set, so I can stop looking for them too!

The Hiddleston auto may have been a late addition, and I didn't see it when the set first came out.

Thanks, all!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thank the gods af Asgard I don't have to move my autograph card from one binder to another.

You guys really kick Asgard with your card knowledge.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist that awful pun/joke or whatever it was.