Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    a kind request to Topps from a WWE mad family!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a kind request to Topps from a WWE mad family!
 Login/Join

posted
As a massive fan of wrestling cards,mainly WWE.i have over 200 autographs from WCW/WWF Topps trading cards.the last few years have been very poor with the same names signing over and over again.the following people are employed by WWE and have never signed or have not signed for a decade or more??

Undertaker
Vince
Steph
Lesner
Hayman
Rock
Bret Hart
HHH

To name but a few.please lets have some Big Guns!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bret Hart Auto : ) Clap

Always thought he was the BEST , "Excellence of Execution"

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lesnar and Bret Hart have signed for sets, perhaps not for a WWE set, but they have signed for sets.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I can't say that I'm up on current wrestling stars, but I don't think that Dwayne Johnson is actually employed by WWE anymore. I don't think he wants to, or is even allowed to, go by Rock.

Well a quick check tells me he is still involved as a host or something, but if I had his signature I would rather have his true name than his moniker. I feel the same way about all the wrestlers who go by names other than their true names. But that just might be me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
Bret Hart Auto : ) Clap

Always thought he was the BEST , "Excellence of Execution"

I have 2 Bret Hart WCW on card autos and i would love a WWE one.

Webjon - the fact that one or two big names have already signed for other companies(hart has signed canada sets,sports kings and others.lesner signed for Topps UFC lots of times and Leaf) it makes it more baffling??

The Rock is still employed by WWE.he wrestled Cena at the the last Mania and hes signed to wresle at the next.

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Hit Man is doing personal appearances. He was signing quite close to me this year, but I didn't go to see him.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The Hit Man is doing personal appearances. He was signing quite close to me this year, but I didn't go to see him.

When his book came out.he did signings in the UK.i seen him in Liverpool at waterstones bookshop.took 5 hours to see him for about 5 seconds.his autograph was free as long as you bought for book for £11.99.

He has the best autograph i think ive seen of any famous person.really sharpe and takes his time.what a guy he is!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Bret Hart is in the new Leaf Wrestling. I actually got the chance to interview his last year and he said then that'd he'd be happy to be in a WWE set, he just needed to be contacted (and, I'm guessing, the two sides would have to agree on a price).

The Rock is still very much partnering with WWE. As mentioned, he'll be back at Wrestlemania this year. He's actually scheduled to be there sooner, having a title match at the Royal Rumble, which I think is in January.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well a quick check tells me he is still involved as a host or something, but if I had his signature I would rather have his true name than his moniker. I feel the same way about all the wrestlers who go by names other than their true names. But that just might be me.

You'd rather have Terry Bollea than Hulk Hogan? Big Grin

Is there still animosity between Bret Hart and WWE?

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

You'd rather have Terry Bollea than Hulk Hogan? Big Grin /QUOTE]

Nope, because Hulk Hogan is a name and its the name he goes by, although not the one he was born with. A Hulk Hogan signature would be fine.

Names like Animal, Junkyard Dog, Kane, The Goon, Meat, etc., maybe what they are known by, but I'm not interested in getting a signature that way unless it included the person's real name.

Recently I met Rowdy Roddy Piper and got a couple of things signed by him. That's not his true name either, but its the only name anyone would know him by. Incidentally he has a great looking signature and he was very nice with the fans, so it was a pleasant experience.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

You'd rather have Terry Bollea than Hulk Hogan? Big Grin

Nope, because Hulk Hogan is a name and its the name he goes by, although not the one he was born with. A Hulk Hogan signature would be fine.

Names like Animal, Junkyard Dog, Kane, The Goon, Meat, etc., maybe what they are known by, but I'm not interested in getting a signature that way unless it included the person's real name.

Recently I met Rowdy Roddy Piper and got a couple of things signed by him. That's not his true name either, but its the only name anyone would know him by. Incidentally he has a great looking signature and he was very nice with the fans, so it was a pleasant experience.

Yeah, but it's still not his REAL name. And based on your Piper reasoning, I don't think anyone would know the others you mentioned by any name other than their stage names. Kane used to be Isaac Yankem, would that count since it is a name, like Hulk Hogan?

I'm just trying to understand where you draw the line.

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of it is perception. Although most people probably know Roddy Piper and Hulk Hogan aren't their real names they at least sound like real names. I see an autograph that says just "The Goon" it almost doesn't seem like a real autograph. I would rather see one the says something like Bill "The Goon" Irwin.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Yeah, but it's still not his REAL name. And based on your Piper reasoning, I don't think anyone would know the others you mentioned by any name other than their stage names. Kane used to be Isaac Yankem, would that count since it is a name, like Hulk Hogan?

I'm just trying to understand where you draw the line.

Check Chris' post above, he gets where I'm coming from, and it is a matter of perception. How many actors use stage names and getting those signatures are fine. It's just that many wrestlers are known by single words or phrases that I don't care to accept as personal signatures, especially not when I'm paying for them. Wink

That's my explanation, its OK if you don't agree with it. Smile

Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
I think the problam that exists though, is that many or most of the wrestlers with single names or nicknames, such as Kane, HHH, DDP, only sign their autographs with silly scribbles of a few CAPITAL letters!
I don't think i have ever seen Kane sign with his real name Glenn Jacobs, but least he signs, unlike The Undertaker.

Most wrestlers will not respond to thier real names, as they don't/can't break the character name, sometimes contractually.

There are a few that should be commended as they use thier names and thier nicknames in the auto- Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat to name a couple.

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post