Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    what are the 3 most fav cards in your collection
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what are the 3 most fav cards in your collection
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMal:
Serenity pieceworks card PW-3 Jayne's T-Shirt
My version of the card has a part of the motif off the front of the t-shirt. This was a pack pulled card, and I couldn't control my excitement when I pulled it.
WOW, you pulled a variant of Jayne's shirt?! Eek Sooo jealous. Drool

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
My top three:

1) Maggie Grace as 'Shannon' auto (Lost)
2) Summer Glau as 'River' auto (Serenity)
3) Glenn Quinn as 'Doyle' auto (Angel)
I want 'em, I want 'em ALL!!! Drool

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
My favorite 3 are: -

Ronnie Barker Auto (Avengers 2) - best by far!!
Theoden Cat Staggs sketch (LOTR Evolution)
Frank Oz Auto (Star Wars AOTC widevision)

The Ronnie Barker Auto is just amazing. It was an absolute great day when I won it on that auction site. The best day I ever had in collecting. It's not the most expensive card by far, but collecting is not about money, it's about enjoyment.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
My three favorite, huh?

Well, I have an unbreakable tie for first place:
1. Can't break up Spock and Kirk!

2. Just love Janis Joplin. Since I will never be able to get her autograph, this is the next best thing for me:

3. One of the newest cards in my collection, but already at the top of the list. A wonderful sketch of Jack London (the real one, not me) by Jedipencil:

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to favor my pack pulled cards a lot more than the cards i buy from ebay or other dealers. The memory just seems to last much longer, and there's that nice feeling of knowing that you are the first to own that particular card. Anyways, here's my top 3:

1) George Clooney auto (Batman & Robin)
2) Hugh Jackman auto (X-Men movie)
3) Patrick Stewart auto (X-Men movie)

*Angeline Jolie's red silk jacket would also be up there, but too bad i sold it. It was the first costume card i ever pulled.....sigh, I still regret letting that one go*

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Hmm...if it is from the stuff I pulled myself then my top three are:

3. Brent Spiner as Lt. Commander Data (ST:TNG- the Quotable)- my very first Very Limited auto from Rittenhouse- a complete shock.

2. Alyssa Milano as Phoebe (Charmed: Conversations)- from my one and only box of this particular card set. Have liked her since "Who's the Boss?" and on "Melrose Place", so was thrilled to get it especially since I did not expect to get her autograph at all.

1. Charisma Carpenter as Kendall Casablancas (Veronica Mars Season 2)- Charisma is hands-down my favorite actress from the Buffyverse, so to have an autograph from her that I pulled myself is just sensational. Granted it isn't as Cordelia, but it was my most-wanted autograph card from this set and I got it in my third box. I did really well with my autographs pulls from this set too, including getting the Kristen Bell in my last box.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
1. My credit card

2. My debit Card

3. My Tesco Club card Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
lol hammer typicel of you

but nice to see everyone likes different cards

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LittleEarthquakes
posted Hide Post
Well, my top 3 have remained the same for a long time now. I'm not really sure what it would take to knock of of these out (except for a Willow/Tara dual auto Big Grin)

1) Mary McDonnell Autograph from BSG Season 1 -- My favourite character from my favourite show. I was so excited when I got this card last year, and it's been my No. 1 ever since.

2) Amber Benson Autograph from Buffy Season 5 -- I love Amber, and this one was a holy grail of mine for a long time. Such a great looking card.

3) Shannen Doherty Autograph from Charmed Season 1 -- I was a huge fan of Charmed when Shannen was still in it. I like Rose McGowan, but I still think the show took a huge downward spiral after Prue was killed off.

Posts: 285 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
My top three:

1) Gillain Anderson auto (X-Files Connections) - a beautiful and talented actress & a box pull as well! Good times.

2) Famke Janssen auto (Complete Bond) - My favourite Bond girl by a long shot, I have been waiting patiently for an auto card from her since she signed for X-Men back in 2000!

3) Roger Moore auto (Quotable Bond) - In contemporary opinion Sir Rog may not have been the 'best' Bond in but he was a massive part of the Bond series and he did a damn fine job.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
My top 3 would be

- Carrie Fisher auto (Star Wars Heritage)
- Hugh Jackman auto (X-Men movie)
- Return of the Jedi Widevision DIII/O 3D-card (Ackbar in front and in the background the Executor falls down)

My favorite pack pulled cards are

- Katee Sackhoff auto (BSG premiere)
- Catherine Bell & David James Elliott double auto (JAG JC3)
- Kate's shirt Pieceworks (Lost Revelations PW2)

Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
The 3 I didn't win / couldn't afford on e-bay!!!

Mad

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi y`all!

My favorites are of course all pack-pulled cards, as no buy from that big internet marketplace can beat the feeling of pulling such cards from a pack:

the Dr. McCoy "Mirror-card" from the Skybox TOS Season 2 series, I almost dropped dead, it was pack-pulled in a comicstore in Frankfurt (bought 5 packs)

the Christopher Lee as "Saruman" autographed card from LotR "Fellowship" retail edition, again pack-pulled in a store (bought a "left-over" stack of about 30 packs in a PX-store here, hehehe)

the dual autographed card of Ben Browder / Claudia Black from Farscape through the wormhole (bought two boxes that I opened with my wife and Dad on Christmas Eve ...)

Yeah!

Chris

Posts: 20 | Location: Mainz, Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mad panzer:
Hi y`all!

the dual autographed card of Ben Browder / Claudia Black from Farscape through the wormhole (bought two boxes that I opened with my wife and Dad on Christmas Eve ...)

Yeah!

Chris

Now THAT is a GREAT card Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
The 3 I didn't win / couldn't afford on e-bay!!!

Mad

I do feel your pain.. Frown

Thought this topic was too interesting to let it just disappear.

My top three cards have just changed and I want to scan pics of them so that I can show them off. Big Grin

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mad panzer:
Hi y`all!

My favorites are of course all pack-pulled cards, as no buy from that big internet marketplace can beat the feeling of pulling such cards from a pack:

Pack pulling is awesome indeed, but some of my fav cards were won off ebay. The top card being the Terminator FX card which I found dirt cheap...

...I felt I'd won the lottery! Dance

Two other favs...

These are just some of my fav cards though and often change. I can't be limited by such a low number for my favs. Razz

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Redemption! And nice to see you again! Wave

I've fogotten so please make us weep again at the ridiculously low amount the T2 card cost...

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Hard to pick the top three favorites, but top three pack pulls isn't too difficult...

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Nice cards Redemption! And nice to see you again! Wave

I've fogotten so please make us weep again at the ridiculously low amount the T2 card cost...

Wave Hey X! T'was about $30 dollars including the ten dollars for one day shipping if I remember correctly... Big Grin

The Daredevil/Ben Affleck was from a discounted 20 dollar box which wasn't too bad either. Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Redemption, those prices are truely obscene... Eek

And Batman, I can't believe you got the Harry & Hermione redemptions out of just 4 boxes. Metal