Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    what are the 3 most fav cards in your collection
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what are the 3 most fav cards in your collection
 Login/Join

Picture of KeltonB
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of late contributing, but here are mine. Since I do mostly X-Files, mine are somewhat limited:

C'ya!

Kelton

Posts: 74 | Location: USA | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
great cards..and 'Welcome' Wavey

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
Mine would be (as i only collect charmed and serenity i am limited!)

My Serenity Jayne variant card that i fought long and hard to get! (Adam Baldwin Luv You)

My Charmed Destiny PW9 triple pieceworks card, which has a sequin on the phoebe part (hopefully am gonna scan this soon!)

My Charmed HMC Season 1 autograph card. The most expensive card i have bought ever, ever, ever, and finished my master set!

Rachel x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KeltonB:
I'm kind of late contributing, but here are mine. Since I do mostly X-Files, mine are somewhat limited:

C'ya!

Kelton

Eek you have them all !!!
I'm really never going to get them but I would really like to have them. Maybe one day I will be lucky to pull one.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeltonB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:

I'm really never going to get them but I would really like to have them. Maybe one day I will be lucky to pull one.

Hi Peter,

I was fortunate enough to be able to get one case per release and pulled them all. I also have this one, but it did not grade as well as I had hoped, so the others are my top three. This one would be #4 Wink

Take care,

Kelton

Posts: 74 | Location: USA | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hi Peter,

I was fortunate enough to be able to get one case per release and pulled them all. I also have this one, but it did not grade as well as I had hoped, so the others are my top three. This one would be #4 Wink

Take care,

Kelton

If you aren't happy with it, you can send it to me Smile I will take very good care of it Thumb Up

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of seegriffin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hi Peter,

Take care,

Kelton

Eek Wowee all box pulled from each case... Eek talk about luck...

Very nice, tho & thanks for the scans Big Grin, never seen a pic of the auto piecework before

Posts: 279 | Location: UK | Registered: August 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

C'ya!

Kelton

quote:

WOW! I hate you. Big Grin

That's my holy grail right there. I'll be working on my X-Files autograph master set forever. It's going to be hard to convince the wife that I NEED four Gillian auto cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DewMan,

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeltonB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
If you aren't happy with it, you can send it to me Smile I will take very good care of it Thumb Up

*lol* Thanks for the offer. Big Grin I'd have to get rid of an awful lot of cards before that one became my least favorite though!

Take care,

Kelton

Picture of KeltonB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:

That's my holy grail right there. I'll be working on my X-Files autograph master set forever. It's going to be hard to convince the wife that I NEED four Gillian auto cards.

That's exactly why I had to limit myself to one series (good thing it was my favorite show too!). I thought about starting the Tomb Raider sets and Veronica Mars, but I am such a completist I knew I'd be broke before it was all over.

I am still looking for the Chris Carter auto though...

Good luck!!

Kelton

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:

That's exactly why I had to limit myself to one series (good thing it was my favorite show too!). I thought about starting the Tomb Raider sets and Veronica Mars, but I am such a completist I knew I'd be broke before it was all over.

I am still looking for the Chris Carter auto though...

Good luck!!

Kelton

That's my biggest problem, I start a set and wants to complete it. And I have a lot of sets so I nned to be very patient.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
My favourite card has to be my Cornerstone Jon Pertwee auto card, which I pack-pulled myself over 10 years ago now.

I had all the autos for the 2nd Cornerstone Who set bar Pertwee, and as the odds were 1 (of 4) auto per case, the odds were against me big time.

Anyway, I bought two remaindered boxes for about £20 each, and I started opening one of them: breaking a pack every time I walked past the box, which was sitting on a shelf in my lounge.

And on one day I pulled the Pertwee auto - not only the one I needed, but the only auto from a case worth of cards!

Sadly and poignantly, by the time I pulled the card, Jon Pertwee had sadly already passed away.

I have NEVER seen a definite genuine version of this card for sale (he only signed 112), and of course because I pack-pulled it I KNOW it's genuine.

Thanks for letting me share the story.

Sorry, I only have a pic of it with the rest of my series 2 set:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
A really nice story Dalekfan.

Card collecting is about anticipation, disappointment, excitement, sharing, longing, searching and waiting. It is also personal and sometimes tinged with sadness. Something which we all too often forget.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RachelH:
Mine would be (as i only collect charmed and serenity i am limited!)

My Serenity Jayne variant card that i fought long and hard to get! (Adam Baldwin Luv You)

My Charmed Destiny PW9 triple pieceworks card, which has a sequin on the phoebe part (hopefully am gonna scan this soon!)

My Charmed HMC Season 1 autograph card. The most expensive card i have bought ever, ever, ever, and finished my master set!

Rachel x

All I collected, over a few years except for the past few months, have been Charmed cards and you have the one auto that is my 'holy grail'.

I'm soooooo jealous! but it's a good thing- it keeps me driven lol Wink

Congrats on your master set, too. Smile

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RachelH:
So lucky! Thumb Up I was in a bidding war on eBay with someone about a week ago over a Serenity Jayne variant AND a Serenity Wash variant and lost both. Shake Head

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
My three favorite cards are:

Buffy 10th Anniversary Propworks Stake Card #89/107

Buffy 10th Anniversary PW-3 Fur Variant Redemption Card

Buffy Season 2 Jenny Calendar Robia LaMorte Auto Card

Dance

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i think mine might have to now be my leo and piper auto
the buffy stake piece 17/100 as really there is only 100 as inkworks kept 7
and the varient for willows jacket 10 anni will put pics up when get home

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
Number One, being a hard-core Snape fan is this one:

Number Two:

Number Three is a tie:

...and...

(PS - If someone has to go in and edit this to get the pictures to show again, could you tell me what I need to do so I can post them without bothering you? Thanks)

Hey, I did it!

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Kahlan Amnell by David Desbois

Olivia Dunham by Andy Fry

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful. I love the third one, the sketch.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post