Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dangerous Divas
 Login/Join

posted
anyone pull any sketch cards from packs?!

Posts: 15 | Location: LA LA land | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One per box, just like clockwork.

All mine are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album....2815757&l=978e3910a8

Fun product to open.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
One per box, just like clockwork.

All mine are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album....2815757&l=978e3910a8

Fun product to open.

Ed

oh seen. can there be more than one sketch per box?! i see people selling boxes with sketch cards pulled?! does that mean the sketch is in its own package or they open packs until they can the sketch then combine packs to equal 24 to sell the box as open but 24 packs sealed?! has anyone ever pulled more than 1 sketch per box?! sorry n00b here

Posts: 15 | Location: LA LA land | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I opened 28 boxes and never found an extra sketch. Could it happen? Sure, but not very often. Packing product is pretty much an exact science for Rittenhouse.

I'm guessing that most of the time they open until they find the sketch as I've never been able to find a sketch by sight or feel. But, sometimes a run of boxes have the sketch in nearly the same place, so there is that to help out.

If they say there is no sketch, expect no sketch.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPoS:

oh seen. can there be more than one sketch per box?! i see people selling boxes with sketch cards pulled?! does that mean the sketch is in its own package or they open packs until they can the sketch then combine packs to equal 24 to sell the box as open but 24 packs sealed?! has anyone ever pulled more than 1 sketch per box?! sorry n00b here

Occasional boxes have a bonus sketch but it is very unusual. The sketch is in a pack with several base cards.

Typically those repacked boxes are sketch collectors who open until they find the sketch and then sell the remaining packs. There are plenty of collectors who enjoy opening packs and are interested in the base cards and other inserts who buy these leftovers because it's much cheaper since the main hit has been removed.

Reputable sellers who advertise these boxes will also tell you their 'stopping' policy if you send them an email. For example, while many stop at the sketch, others may continue until they get the sketch and the other 1 per box insert depending on the set.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

Occasional boxes have a bonus sketch but it is very unusual. The sketch is in a pack with several base cards.

Typically those repacked boxes are sketch collectors who open until they find the sketch and then sell the remaining packs. There are plenty of collectors who enjoy opening packs and are interested in the base cards and other inserts who buy these leftovers because it's much cheaper since the main hit has been removed.

Reputable sellers who advertise these boxes will also tell you their 'stopping' policy if you send them an email. For example, while many stop at the sketch, others may continue until they get the sketch and the other 1 per box insert depending on the set.

knowledge is power! wow thanks for the great info. so Rittenhouse produced 8000 boxes so don't count on more than 8000 sketch cards (not factoring the incentive sketch cards)?!?! so if i were to buy a case of opened boxes 288 packs chances are i'm not pulling any sketches (at best 1)?!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
knowledge is power! wow thanks for the great info. so Rittenhouse produced 8000 boxes so don't count on more than 8000 sketch cards (not factoring the incentive sketch cards)?!?! so if i were to buy a case of opened boxes 288 packs chances are i'm not pulling any sketches (at best 1)?!

count on none, see Ed's comments at the same time as mine. It's purely a base and chase set exercise. Rittenhouse have got very good at collation - as well as the sketch per box guarantee, they guarantee a base set per box and have excellent distribution of the various chase sets so you pretty much get either 0 or 1 spare for the chase singles after putting together the chase sets in a case.

There are more than 8000 sketch cards - Rittenhouse have some as replacements for damage, they have to commission more than they distribute in case some get rejected by Marvel, there's panels where multiple sketch cards are in the same pack and make a puzzle. But there's not really any spares distributed. Also, the small print runs mean they often sell out, so they know their market very well and can estimate how many they need.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks all. just save myself some money! i guess i'll buy 3 sealed boxes instead of an opened case. i appreciate it

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sketches aside, I was kind of unimpressed with the base cards. There were mulitiple cards of some characters that are just not that well known, while other more recognizable names were short or missing completely.

As for the card backs, there is no writing, which I would have liked better just because some characters were not known to me. The backs make up a puzzle and strangely enough some of the characters pictured in the puzzle had no base card. Emma Frost for example is a great Marvel character. While she appears in the puzzle, she has no card. I really don't get how this set was made up, but I'm not big on comics anymore, just tried one box here. Confused

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I have to agree, the base set was less than inspiring.

First problem, no Crystal cards. Wink

Second problem, no "header" card for the set. When I wrap sets the first card is what draws people to the set. The first card features Black Panther in a pose that could be either male or female. It surely does not scream "Dangerous Divas." And there's no one card in the set that does since it's all tryptics of each character.

I too missed any back of card text as some of the characters were not familiar to me either.

That said, I thought the chase cards were very nice. Good art, some shiny cards, and the embrace cards continued where the last set left off.

Ed

posted Hide Post
which is better to you guys, Women of Marvel or Dangerous Divas?! sketch cards aside, then including sketch cards?!

ED, no crystal cards in base set but i've seen lots of sketch pics of Crystal! did you pull any?!

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I can't offer an opinion, I have not gotten my boxes yet. Mad Based on the sketches I have seen, how many head shots of these characters do we need? The hobby has been over saturated with sketch cards for a while now, I think this set is proof of that, in reality it is no different than Women of Marvel, except for the pack inserted puzzles and additional artists. We need something different to generate interest in these releases.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
which is better to you guys, Women of Marvel or Dangerous Divas?! sketch cards aside, then including sketch cards?!

The base set was better for Women of Marvel IMO.
I loved the swimsuit chase set in WoM.
Batman is correct that the sketches are similar. This is basically Women of Marvel 2, with a different name.

As for head-shots, I don't find myself buying them nearly as much. A torso or full body pose is much more interesting and a background helps too. I think the sketch quality on Divas is a little better and there's always the possiblity of a puzzle sketch.

But, you'll have a hard time finding Women of Marvel boxes, so it's not too tough a decision which to purchase.

quote:
ED, no crystal cards in base set but i've seen lots of sketch pics of Crystal! did you pull any?!

I own of few of the ones you've probably seen. But I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't buy them all, especially the hot artists.

Right now I'm looking for a Rich Mollinelli Crystal done in his Chibi style. Finding that and the 2nd of Rhiannon's Crystal incentives are my goals.

Ed

Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Just to add in to all previous comments - Rittenhouse do do a small number of 'hot boxes' - can't recall how many exactly - where more than one sketches will be in the box.

This will be a 2,3,4 or even 6 part sketch 'puzzle' - with all sketch cards by one artists who painted them as part of the whole.

I've seen a fair few of these listed on ebay and Scoundrel now - there seem to be more of them in this release.

Personally, I am jonesing to pull this;

One can always dream Drool

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bealay:
Personally, I am jonesing to pull this

Can you imagine if they DIDN'T pack those together? The left and right cards would be really out of context.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bealay:
Just to add in to all previous comments - Rittenhouse do do a small number of 'hot boxes' - can't recall how many exactly - where more than one sketches will be in the box.

I think there are supposed to be around 200 hot boxes so about 1 every 3 cases.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck,

I have a case coming so I guess that's a 1 in 3 chance of a puzzle. I like them odds.

Wink

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
only 1/2 way through so far got a Gaylord, Santos, Spears, and 2 Mapa....did i do good so far?!

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
only 1/2 way through so far got a Gaylord, Santos, Spears, and 2 Mapa....did i do good so far?!

Without seeing them, who knows?

For me at least it's more about the art and less about the artist's rarity.

Ed

posted Hide Post
Ed, Darling, that second Crystal showed up on Ebay....and it flew out the door in less than 30 minutes after it was posted. It showed up one morning before I woke up or I would have notified you. I've been watching the bay like a hawk....even birdies need their sleep.

Sorry Hun

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post