Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Sketch cards.. good or bad?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sketch cards.. good or bad?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
"Hulk say - sketch card GOOD! Hulk say - no argue with HULK!"

Hulk has an eye for the ladies. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Hulk guards well, I imagine those cards could pay off a fair bit of my mortgage.. very nice collection .. i'm the same colour as hulk.. in envy..

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feelings about sketch cards. I have a stack now but I have never bought one "out of the pack". I just keep the ones I pull. I DO appreciate the time and quality of some cards. A good card is a mini masterpiece. I have seen some sketch cards that bordered the ridiculous - ones from Indiana Jones and LOTR come to mind - the bay is littered with them.

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Ive got 99 problems but a sketch aint one.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
For me, sketch cards are like autographed cards and costume cards. If I pull one, it's a nice bonus, but they're not something I try to track down. I'm more interested in the usual inserts (foils, etc).

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
dstrohmeng, I second that.

Sorry for Hulk or Bruce Banner or Grey Hulk, Savage Hulk, Maestro or Ricky Martin or whatever is in control of that mind. Big Grin

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I really don't think that most of the collectors are buying with speculation in mind. About 80% of the time, you will get less for something when you resell it years later (unless you got a steal or unusual circomstances come into play) that is just the nature of the hobby.
You also not just say a Cook (or McHaley, Pence or insert name here______) should be worth less from the brand new set because they have done tons of sketches in other sets. Each set has a life of it's own and set collectors or new artist collectors can be fighting over the cards from THAT set and not others.

i agree,my katie cooks (with 2 vampirellas i just got,this years tally is over £4'000 ) are not investments for the future,i could never give most of them up,im afraid their coming with me Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
"Hulk say - sketch card GOOD! Hulk say - no argue with HULK!"

Hulk has an eye for the ladies. Big Grin

and he seems to have a lot of she hulk in his collection lol

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
"Buzz Lightyear here! I've come from a strange galaxy to find these sketch cards for my collection, and I proclaim that they are GOOD, no matter what Woody says! And if you try to take them away from me I'll blast you with my laser!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This is Bender! I'm gonna steal these sketch cards from the stupid humans and then bend them! Ha ha ha ha ha! And oh yeah, they're good, I guess. And also oh yeah, kiss my shiny metal *!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This is Homer...Homer, uh...Simpson! That's it! I love sketch cards! Especially glazed or with powdered sugar...mmmm, sketch cards...where was I? Oh yeah! Chocolate covered sketch cards are delicious too!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is Bender! I'm gonna steal these sketch cards from the stupid humans and then bend them! Ha ha ha ha ha! And oh yeah, they're good, I guess. And also oh yeah, kiss my shiny metal *!

These are awesome and I'd gladly take that Deathbird off your hands. Wink

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Buzz Lightyear here! I've come from a strange galaxy to find these sketch cards for my collection, and I proclaim that they are GOOD, no matter what Woody says! And if you try to take them away from me I'll blast you with my laser!

Cardaddict how can I go about contacting you via email or some such?

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Put your e-mail address in your profile and I'll contact you. Then you can always remove it later if you like.
BUT, if you want to buy any of my cards, it will do you NO good. I don't sell my sketches. Well, a million bucks a sketch would MAYBE sway me....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Put your e-mail address in your profile and I'll contact you. Then you can always remove it later if you like.
BUT, if you want to buy any of my cards, it will do you NO good. I don't sell my sketches. Well, a million bucks a sketch would MAYBE sway me....

Hrmm well a million bucks is a bit of a tall order but hopefully you'll be open to a trade instead? My email is in my profile, feel free to get in touch.

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My first 4 panel sketch card - and I say it's GOOD: