Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Inkworks 2006 Firefly??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks 2006 Firefly??
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hi- I am new to this site but not to collecting. Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying an unopened box of Inkworks
2006 Firefly cards? Ebay is a miss and don't care for them anyway. If you have specific information I am all ears. Tanks!

Posts: 5 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKing:
Hi- I am new to this site but not to collecting. Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying an unopened box of Inkworks
2006 Firefly cards? Ebay is a miss and don't care for them anyway. If you have specific information I am all ears. Tanks!

Don't like to be the bearer of bad news but you are very unlikely to find an unopened box more than ten years after release Frown . There are non on Ebay I could see and that is usually a good indicator you won't find any anywhere.

Probably your only hope albeit slim is if an old school shop has one gathering dust.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi- thanks for replying. Yes, I agree, I'm hoping someone knows such a shop. I collect early 19th century baseball so I am familiar with truly scarce cards, and I own non sport boxes older than 10 years, so I am hoping. If anyone out there has a specific place...

Posts: 5 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Not that this will be much help but I owned a comic book shop when Inkworks was in business and both the Serenity and Firefly sets were sold out by Inkworks. Usually there was a window after release that you could re-order almost anything from them, even some Buffy sets which were hugely popular then. Good luck on your search!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi- thanks, it does help. Do you have any intuition on what an unopened box would reasonably cost now? A ballpark figure?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
This was a nice set with nice clean autograph cards. I never tried to complete it, but I picked up most of the autographs over the years.

As has been said, I also think finding a sealed box will be a challenge, but I wonder why you want one? Even though a box is hard to find, the cards are not. They aren't even terribly expensive. There are no $400 autographs, maybe 2 or 3 over $100. Same thing with Serenity, even the star signatures are not truly big, except for Glau.

Unless you want a box to go along with a master collection, the Firefly box would probably cost you just as much or more than anything you could find in it.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There's a couple of unredeembable redemptions in that, too, and one of them is Fillion.

The 3 Razor "Ink Vault" releases from 2008-09 that liquidated the remaining Inkworks inventory had a goodly number of Firefly and Serenity in them.

I wasn't saving those, so besides Ron Glass, who I liked on "Barney Miller", I sold all the ones I got (no Glau, but most of the others from both sets).

I now wish I'd kept the Hendricks and Morena as I later loved their work on "Mad Men" and "Homeland", respectively.

Good luck with the search!

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The 3 Razor "Ink Vault" releases from 2008-09 that liquidated the remaining Inkworks inventory had a goodly number of Firefly and Serenity in them.

Yes, now that you mention it, a good many of my Firefly and Serenity autographs were acquired from those Razor grab bag vaults. I think I bought the Fillions and I didn't get a Glau either.

As bad as the Inkworks dump was for many people, those cheap Razor boxes were a lot of fun for collectors that had not bought into the products when released.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi- I see there have been more posts since I started this thread. The reason I want a box is I'm a fan of the show who is VERY late to the party on this product. I suppose I could cheat and buy the set, but that's no fun. My daughter likes to open the cards and, since its not a high end set, that's fun too. Still would love to hear from anyone with a box!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi- also, the fact that finding an unopened box is a challenge, is part of the reason I want one.