Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Last Chance: 2020 Beckett NS Almanac GPK Hot Lists/Joe Simko Giveaway

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2277079396

July 21, 2020, 09:14 PM
BeckettBible24
Last Chance: 2020 Beckett NS Almanac GPK Hot Lists/Joe Simko Giveaway
Hey everyone!

I wanted to let everyone know that the 2020 Beckett Non-Sport Almanac will be going to print in a few weeks and I'm giving you, the collector/dealer, an opportunity to help us with the Garbage Pail Kids hot lists.

Our publication will be an impromptu tribute to the 35 years of Garbage Pail Kids and what better way to honor 35 years of Garbage than to create a few hot lists. These are the GPK hot lists that we are planning on using (though things may change):

Top 10 All-Time Garbage Pail Kids (from any and all sets)

Top 10 All-Time Garbage Pail Kids Sets

Top 10 All-Time GPK Sketch Artists

So, leave your proposed hot lists below. Or, email them to me at mbible@beckett.com. We already have a solid start with many of the different GPK from over the years. We just need that little extra input and who better to help with that than all of you! We couldn't do this without you!

Oh, and we have a special giveaway to mark this occasion. We have an artist autograph of Joe Simko from this year's 2020 Garbage Pail Kids Late to School set. Fill out your hot lists and you're automatically entered (both Card Talk posts and emails will be accepted entries) to win the auto. We will announce a winner the day the NS Almanac goes to print, which is on August 7th!

So, let's see those lists! Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BeckettBible24,
July 22, 2020, 04:42 PM
make-mine-marvel
Let's start with my favorite characters ...

(#1.) 1985 ADAM BOMB

(#2.) 1985 Nasty Nick

(#3.) 1987 Semi Colin

(#4.) 1985 Up Chuck

Favorite Inserts:

(#1.) 2013 Chrome Superfractors

(#2.) Atomic Refractors

(#3.) "The Goldbergs" parody cards

(#4.) die-cut Sketch Cards

... that's my 2 cents ... I'll brainstorm more later ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter
July 24, 2020, 03:29 PM
Heroes For Hire
I’ll play along Wave

Here’s my Top 10 characters:

1. Atom Bomb
2. Nasty Nick
3. Evil Eddie
4. Weird Wendy
5. Mean Gene
6. Fryin Bryan
7. Rocking Robert
8. Jay Decay
9. Nervous Rex
10. Joe Chaotic
July 28, 2020, 01:29 PM
Heroes For Hire
Good luck with the Top 10 Lists, Matt! Can’t wait to see the results.

I’d imagine that coming up with Top 10 Lists can challenging to compile for long established brands that have sets still coming out such GPK, Star Wars, and Marvel. Generally, the older sets and characters are more recognizable to the casual fan base so they could have subliminal advantages with polls. For example, the image of Atom Bomb/Blasted Billy has been on box packaging and can even be found on t-shirts at retail stores so those characters are continuously in the background of the hobby consciousness that could give an advantage over a character or set that was released last year.

Also, what are some the various ways to determine which is more popular? Could it be by the highest sold prices? Maybe it could be by amount of units sold. Perhaps even the increases realized in prices month over month or even year after year for a character/set.
I would imagine that after 35 years, Atom Bomb/Blasted Billy probably have the most cards sold over the years.
July 28, 2020, 10:08 PM
BeckettBible24
I thought I'd help everyone a bit with some of the most iconic characters from the first 15 series. Granted, I'm sure I missed some but I think I hit A LOT of the major players. Here's a list to help everyone out.

You can also add any characters from any of the modern sets. Caricatures of Donald Trump and Michael Jordan come to mind as some that have become rather popular and have sold well.

Some more criteria to consider, we are looking for characters that are popular, iconic, and sell really well on the secondary market. Thanks!

OS1
1a/b Nasty Nick/Evil Eddie
2a/b Junkfood John/Ray Decay
3a/b Up Chuck/Heavin’ Steven
5a/b Dead Ted/Jay Decay
8a/b Adam Bomb
13a/b Ashcan Andy/Spacey Stacy
14a/b Potty Scotty/Jason Basin
29a/b Bony Joanie/Thin Lynn
30a/b New Wave Dave/Graffiti Petey

OS2
45a/b Leaky Lindsay/Messy Tessie
46a/b Rappin’ Ron/Ray Gun
49a/b/b Double Heather/Schizo Fran/Fran Fran
53a/b Jolted Joel/Live Mike
54a/b Fryin’ Ryan/Charred Chad
62a/b Greaser Greg/Chris Hiss
77a/b Ghastly Ashley/Acne Amy

OS3
84a/b Joe Blow/Rod Wad
87a/b Hot Head Harvey/Roy Bot
110a/b Snooty Sam/US Arnie

OS4
132a/b Bony Tony/Unzipped Zack
138a/b Alien Ian/Outerspace Chase

OS5
172a/b Nat Nerd/Clark Can’t

OS8
293a/b Explorin’ Norman/Drillin’ Dylan

OS9
355a/b Beasty Boyd/Semi Colin
August 02, 2020, 02:20 PM
make-mine-marvel
Well, let me add some recent sales. I think a few of these might move into the top-10 ?? ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter
August 06, 2020, 07:50 AM
wolfie
Being new to these things i am loving the horror ones so here are ten i think are great but i could have listed tons of them.

Were Wolfgang
Beetle Bruce
Swat Ted
Alien Life Norm
Hell Frasier
Shining Sheila
Ross Feratu
Chloe Encounters
Massacred Matt
Conflicting Carpenter.