Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are Nightmare Before Christmas Spectra cards, promos or chase?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are Nightmare Before Christmas Spectra cards, promos or chase?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
They are listed as chase cards on House of Checklists but a dealer on line says they are promos that came in a magazine. Which are they?

Question:
Are they chase cards or promos?

Choices:
Yes
No

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I vote yes they are chase or promos.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the poll wasn't worded right but they are chase cards. Todd listed them as being inserted 1 per 18 packs in his "Encyclopedia of Non-Sport and Entertainment Trading Cards" and that is in agreement with Allender. It's tough to go against those guys. Skybox had Spectra cards as chase cards for Star Trek Master Series (1993) and Saga of the Dark Knight" as well - maybe a couple of others but that's what I could think of.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
They are chase cards. There were 2 a box.

Funny, when Nightmare before Christmas was released in 1993, I fell in love with it. I saw in in a theatre. Drove 100 miles to pick up a copy on VHS when it was released on video. Grabbed the cards when ever I could find them. I even won a 6’ tall Jack that stands in a back corner in a room of my house 15 years ago. However, my love for it faded it seems as interest as skyrocketed over the past 15 years.

Back to cards: There was a promo card but it was not one of the specta card inserts.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Well,
I agree with everyone that they are chase cards. For some reason CT required I submit this question as a poll or would not post it.??
There is a lot of misleading information in the descriptions of cards selling on auction sites.
Thanks, Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a nephew who absolutely loves that movie. It strikes a chord with a lot of kids of all ages.

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
They are chase cards. There were 2 a box.

Funny, when Nightmare before Christmas was released in 1993, I fell in love with it. I saw in in a theatre. Drove 100 miles to pick up a copy on VHS when it was released on video. Grabbed the cards when ever I could find them. I even won a 6’ tall Jack that stands in a back corner in a room of my house 15 years ago. However, my love for it faded it seems as interest as skyrocketed over the past 15 years.

Back to cards: There was a promo card but it was not one of the specta card inserts.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are sellers who will say their cards are promos because that's what they were told and there are others that know they are chase cards but call them promos because they think they have a better chance of selling if they call them that.

I've bought cards and asked a seller for more information, but almost every time, the seller doesn't know anything. They say they were just part of a large random lot that was bought. It seems like a haphazard way of doing business but it must work for some people.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Well,
I agree with everyone that they are chase cards. For some reason CT required I submit this question as a poll or would not post it.??
There is a lot of misleading information in the descriptions of cards selling on auction sites.
Thanks, Ace