Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Rittenhouse Star Trek Binders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse Star Trek Binders
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
What is the best way to pick up some older Rittenhouse Star Trek Binders - The auction sites have them for high costs (and most don't even include the cards that came in them). And do dealers even stock the old binders? See some at the Philly NonSport Show but they seem like a pain to travel around with, so there is usually only a few to choose from. Looking for a few I need - Looks like I put multiple sets in to one binder to save space.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
As a dealer, there are several issues with binders in general:

They are bulky and heavy to ship, making them unattractive online.

They are fairly fragile to travel with to shows. Inkworks binders split with temperature variations and Rittenhouse binders have to be separated by paper or plastic or they rub and scratch bumping down the road.

Rittenhouse binders have a problem with puckering on the clear cover over the front and back artwork. Does not seem to be consistent or temperature based. Some just pucker. Makes them hard to sell as "new" even though nothing is really wrong with them.

And the older trek binders that had premium cards are almost all stripped for the "hit" that is worth more than the binder and ships for the cost of a card.

I know I've quit bringing all but the newest binders to shows at all. And order far fewer than I used to backstock. But I still have some, feel free to send me a list of what you're looking for.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat. Collected the GoT sets and now I want the official binders. Didn't think of it at the time and now I am paying for it.

They don't pop up on ebay often. SciFi is correct about the hassle of shipping. I think that is why some are listed as expensive as they are due to the pain of shipping.

I just keep a saved search for the binders I am looking for and if they come up great. Am hoping to pick some up at the next Philly show. There is one dealer who always sets up in the corner and has a wall of binders. No idea what he has or charges.

Ed - Come October if you have some of the GoT binders I would be interested if you have them and want to bring a couple to the show.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post