Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Rittenhouse rewards cards stolen from package
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse rewards cards stolen from package
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted
I ordered the following cards from RA

1 "Game of Thrones Quotable Card Q10" @ 300 points each
1 "NCIS:2012 Relic Card CC7" @ 3000 points each
1 "Spartacus 2012 Rewards Card" @ 300 points each

The USPS priority mail box arrived Friday 20th and the contents were stolen and replaced with 2 bottles dietary supplements bottles and resealed the box with cello tape.
I have tried contacting the police and Royal Mail and they were of no help, the sender has to initiate an investigation before they can do anything.

So if all dealers and buyers can keep a look out if someone tries to sell you these cards.

Thanks

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Obviously, the package could only have been opened by USPS or Royal Mail. I think I'd send a swift email to both. It had to be someone that knows what they're looking for - scum Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse may help??get in touch with them.you never know?

That ncis card is £200 plus card.you must be gutted? Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: simpsonscardman,

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Oh man, that stinks. I'd be on the phone giving somebody an earful. Good luck.

Check out Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgf351:
Oh man, that stinks. I'd be on the phone giving somebody an earful. Good luck.

Check out Card Crazy!

Sadly you need a lot of luck to get any help from Royal Mail these days Frown .What was once a top notch organisation is now a pale initation due to cutbacks in staff and spending Shake Head .

There latest brilliant idea is to make it mandatory to register with their website when paying customs fees.It always used to be voluntary but now you have to fill in all your details.

I did this today but made the mistake of ticking the boxes to say I did not want to recieve junk e-mails from them or their trading partners.Surprise surprise my registration was not accepted and when I e-mailed their laughable customer helpline I was told there was nothing they could do and would I phone their 0845 telephone number and be charged for waiting in a queue for someone to sort it out Mad .

So it looks like I now have to go down to the local depot every time I need to collect a package and hope there is actually somebody there.

Sorry that was such a long rant but I have several friends who used to work for the post Office and almost all of them have quit or early retired because of the way things have been run down.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Would it have been insured with Priority Mail? I can't believe someone would stoop that low to steal items from a package and reseal it up with other stuff!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It most likely wasn't insured. It would have cost Rittenhouse $25 to $30 to ship the package.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
It most likely wasn't insured. It would have cost Rittenhouse $25 to $30 to ship the package.

Wasn't that the reason why RA would only ship to US addresses for certain things, or am I confusing the rewards cards with something else?

Its bad enough when packages get lost or damaged, but to be picked off is just criminal. Shake Head

Posts: 10376 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Raven I think that was a licensing issue Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post