Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    DISLIKES ABOUT COLLECTING
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DISLIKES ABOUT COLLECTING
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Just to add to the Dushku debate:

My Dushku autograph from Buffy season 3 is also a bit oversized and I have every confidence that it is real.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Scifi Cards, you're not a manufacturer you are a dealer.

I bought some packs from Marvel Heroes & Villains. As far I see the base card and some chase cards are recycle artwork from comic books covers. It isn't back recycle artwork, but as comic book card collector in the 21 century I expect to see more focus in all the cards not just the sketches.

I have some Rittenhouse products as far I see. They are the new Comic Images because both like to recycle artwork and both have problem with product quality (condition). The only good thing about Comic Images is that I can read a nice description of the photo or illustration in the back of the card.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Limited licences. Really fed up that dealers in the UK can't buy a product. It would be grossly nieve to think that Ebay and US dealers don't sell abroad. And then they put limits on what you can claim for because you should't be allowed to purchase in the first place. If it wasn't for the foreign collctors, there would be an awful lot of product either unsold by the manufacturer, sitting on a dealers shelf or being sold at cost or less because the dealer wants to get at least some of their outlay back. Inkworks realised this and released the first season of Lost a week early in the UK because of the collector base.

hear, hear

Looks like others have had bad experiences of US only boxes, and were unable to claim for the missing cards. Made me almost give up card collecting I can tell you.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kane1:
Scifi Cards, you're not a manufacturer you are a dealer.

ConfusedYeah, I think I've said in almost every post "as a dealer...".

quote:
I bought some packs from Marvel Heroes & Villains. As far I see the base card and some chase cards are recycle artwork from comic books covers. It isn't back recycle artwork, but as comic book card collector in the 21 century I expect to see more focus in all the cards not just the sketches.

I somehow doubt we'll see any new sets with all-new artwork like in the 90's. It's just plain too expensive for the print runs being made. However, I would like to see new artwork on chase cards. It shouldn't be prohibitive to get 9 or 18 new pieces for the inserts. Surely that wouldn't break the bank.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
^ Is this one of those "similar names" situations? lol

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My only real dislike is since I have been off of ebay for over 2 years trying to trade with people who either
a. Think their cards are worth 10x more than what they are worth and want to trade as such.
No I will not trade my X-files Gillian Anderson auto/pieceworks card for your Twilight Zone auto worth 5.00 even if it is on my list.

b. Expect something from you (such as priority shipping) but refuse to do the same if you ask the same of them. This is a trade killer for me.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
After a year's absence from this forum I find that my password and login no longer work so I have had to start afresh. Anyway, I decided a very long time ago that I would only collect up to and including the year 2000. This gives me arond 1,150 sets to collect with the vast majority not having autos, pieceworks or a dozen other 'rares' that I have to collect.
I am a completist so I really do have my work cut out for me without worrying if that card or this is a fake. To date I have got absolutely every item including the base set, all inserts, wrapper and a type set of 9 cards for about 720 sets. Someone else on this thread made the comment that what you decide to collect is the "right" thing to collect and I totally subscribe to that.
My cards are (largely) very old and so am I!! I'm happy thanks!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post