Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Firefly Case Card CL1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefly Case Card CL1
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have 7 Inkworks Twilight packs I never opened, that is ALL I have from Twilight. I was going to buy a case at the time and resell the boxes, the ONLY time I had ever considered doing resale, and my dealer talked me out of it! I also have 5 Necca unopened packs.

What to do with them, what do do???

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cardaddict:
I was going to buy a case at the time and resell the boxes, the ONLY time I had ever considered doing resale, and my dealer talked me out of it!/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I remember it well. Once Inkworks confirmed that they had no autographs in Twilight, just costume cards, many dealers slashed their orders or cancelled. I'm not sure now how much the production run was, but it's likely Inkworks cut it down too. Then the movie hit and movie fans bought up whatever they could find at whatever prices they were offered.

If you read the old thread on this forum, card collectors and dealers were just astounded by Twilight box prices and card prices that they had never seen before for non-sport cards up to that time. I really think that set was the first indication of what the modern card market would turn into. All the "knowledgeable" people were wrong about it and it should be used as a history marker for something in this hobby.

I didn't buy any either. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i see that another Firefly CL1 sold for $150.00 May 10th , seems that this card over the last three or four months has taken a sharp rise in price and can now be put in the rarer section

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
i see that another Firefly CL1 sold for $150.00 May 10th , seems that this card over the last three or four months has taken a sharp rise in price and can now be put in the rarer section

My £3.50 is starting to look better everyday. Dance

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At this point it looks like you have got The Sale of the Century

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I bet Wolfie's first thought when he read that was the same as mine :

" And now Nicholas Parsons presents " Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:

Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:

Good one Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post