Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars 30th Gold Foil Parallel Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Gold Foil Parallel Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of TAT
posted
I am chucking this out there to get a feel for these cards values as I have been away from hobby a while, since Topps got silly with amount of sets they releasing and number of and types of chase.

So are these still about £125 a card as numbered to only 30 of each and would a complete set of 120 carry a premium? If so what are your values on single cards and the complete set?

Posts: 192 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Wow TAT. These are rare cards indeed. One is rare! A full set would be awesome. A premium you ask - I don't know. If its 125 per card and theres 120 cards, we are talking 15000. Who's got 15K to spend on cards, who would pay a premium on top of that? Its all conjecture, cards are only worth what people would pay for them. I have a full set of blue and reds, but no golds. It would be good to get feedback from dealers as I don't know.

Are you saying you have a full set? I doubt if there are more than 10 sets in existence!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAT
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve

Just seen some on Ebay for £135 each but also seen them from £80-£150. Think average works out around £125 when I last worked it out.

To answer your question, yes I do have a complete gold set and know of only one other complete set and a possible third but I have been out of loop a few years so could be more. I am thinking of selling, as got some sketches on the Bay now. I did go mad on the 30th set and was one of my last major buys.

Posts: 192 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
In hindsight - I wish I had gone all out on 30th Anniversery. Its a great set, and stopped there waiting for the Episode 7 would have been justified.

Good luck on whatever you do. Just pulling together the gold set is an achievement in itself. I bet you felt real good when that final card dropped on the mat..

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAT
posted Hide Post
I did but then the chase was over and you know that feeling of being empty lol. Back then I had to try to complete everything, got all the autos including Ford and at least one from each artist on the sketches.

It is that old dilemma, do you sell as a set and limit the market due to cost or sell as separate and be left with incomplete set if they don't all sell.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wow, I love hearing stuff like this.

Congratulations TAT, it must be awesome to own all of something that is so rare. And it is the paradox of the hobby. As a complete collection it is rare and valuable and hard to sell just because there is limited demand in the price range where it belongs.

If you are certain you want to let it go, I would suggest that you don't chop it up until you are sure a buyer for the whole set does not exist. You can float it on the usual sites with a really high minimum bid, but you might have to go to an actual auction house that deals in collectibles to reach serious buyers. It's at least worth the research to see what a professional would advise.

It's really hard to predict how something like this might sell. I think it could well have a premium, but you have to get the word out in the right circles, and by that I mean not just Star Wars collectors or card collectors, but people with enough money to toss it away on something of great value that no one needs. Wink Lots of luck and I hope you'll tell us what happens some day. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Sim
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you have an incredible collection there TAT.

If you ever decide to sell the autograph set then please let me know. Smile

Posts: 13 | Location: England | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post