Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2000 Upper Deck Christina Aguilera
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2000 Upper Deck Christina Aguilera
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Does anyone know how many of these cards/boxes were made? or the odds of pulling Christina's autograph? I just bought a large lot of packs and I'm wondering what my odds might be. I hear that there are a lot of these packs and boxes still out there but they're sparsely on eBay. I see from the sell sheet that UD planned a bigger set but obviously that never happened. I would guess that means they scaled back the amount of cards produced because of poor sales. I know her auto would be a tough pull either way but I'm hoping the odds aren't too astronomical. Anyone have any info?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There were 250 cards signed by ol' X-tina, but Upper Deck was known to really let the presses run in those days, and 100,000 boxes produced for a non-sport release was not unusual.

So while it's just a guess, I would say UD made at least 50,000 boxes of the Aguilera cards, which would mean the autographs are found one in every 200 boxes, if my estimate is anywhere close to correct.

Good luck!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I took a chance and purchased 9 lots of 24 packs (216 packs total or 6 full boxes worth) for $90.

And about 150 packs in I actually pulled the Christina autograph! Bouncey Dance Metal Lucky for me all the base cards were a little warped but the autograph card was not. I'm guessing because it's at least twice as thick as the base. It's strange that the autograph is dated 1999 and has the U.D. hologram and all the other base cards are dated 2000, have no hologram and are paper thin. I definitely believe that in the beginning Upper Deck had something bigger in mind for this set.

Not to be overly dramatic but it was a very surreal experience. Like I couldn't believe my eyes. Needless to say it this is the best card I ever pulled. Now, the seller has more of these available so do I want to be greedy and try for another or quit while I'm ahead. I was hoping that Upper Deck made far fewer than 50,000 boxes (just judging by how much sealed boxes sell for; I've seen them sell as high as $175), but if you're estimate is anywhere close to accurate chesspieceface than I may have to pass on getting more.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Post up a scan. Most of the autos I've seen have been poor quality. I'd be interested to see a pack fresh one.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a scan:

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice...definitely one of the better quality autos I've seen

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you ever want to consider parting ways with that auto let me know, I'd trade well for it. . .

Great pull!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Not only an on-card autograph, but also a unique card made especially for the autograph.

Even if Upper Deck only made 25,000 boxes (and I truly can't imagine they would ever make less than that of anything!), that would make it a one-in-100 box pull, so even with 6 boxes worth, you still beat the odds in a big way.
Congrats!!!

I know a similar thrill and having found 2 autographs of Adam Lambert in a not crazy amount of Upper Deck American Idol 2008. There were a lot of signers on that set, so to get to get 2 of the same singer was unusual, and he was our favorite that year. He's since gone on to make some good music. I'd like to hear a duet with Lambert and Christina. Both have great voices.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Goldmine Comics & Cards
posted Hide Post
How much do sealed boxes of the hobby edition go for now, as I can't currently find any sealed boxes on any completed auctions on ebay, or on any non-sports card site. I know they used to be around $35-$50 but when the autographed card proved hard to find, they sold out everywhere. Somebody offered me a box but we have no idea what to offer with no current sale being reported on a box like this (hobby box).

Thanks for any information, hard for me to purchase it fairly when I can't find what one might have sold for recently..

Posts: 5 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI, United States | Registered: January 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldmine Comics & Cards:
How much do sealed boxes of the hobby edition go for now, as I can't currently find any sealed boxes on any completed auctions on ebay, or on any non-sports card site. I know they used to be around $35-$50 but when the autographed card proved hard to find, they sold out everywhere. Somebody offered me a box but we have no idea what to offer with no current sale being reported on a box like this (hobby box).

Thanks for any information, hard for me to purchase it fairly when I can't find what one might have sold for recently..

Sealed boxes have become very hard to find. The only eBay sales I remember is one particular seller who sold 4 different boxes over the course of several months. The first one sold for $175, then $125, $90, and $80. They dropped in price every time he or she listed one. That was in 2008-2009 so maybe it was a result of the worsening economy. I would guess that a fair price for a sealed box now is around $50-$60.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was going to wait until I was finished opening but I'm so excited I have to post this now. I took a gamble and ended up purchasing the remaining inventory of Christina Aguilera packs from the seller I bought the first lots from. I ended paying $800 shipped for a total of 10,112 packs. That's the equivalent of about 281 36-pack boxes. I was hoping to pull at least 1, hopefully 2 more Christina autographs. Well I'm about 6,000 packs in and I've already pulled 3 more (so now I have 4 in total) Bouncey and I still have a little over 4,000 packs to go. Unfortunately though one has a corner ding and another came out of the packs a little bent/warped, but still I'm thrilled. I'll post scans of all of them when I'm finished, which I'm hoping will be late Sunday night or Monday. This is more packs than I've ever opened in my whole life before this. I've pretty much spent all of my free time since Monday opening packs non-stop and my hands are all cut up. Now I'm using rubber gloves to save them (LOL).

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's great, but man that auto must have been a seriously tough pull...3 in 6000 packs works out to about 1:56 boxes (if the boxes were 36 packs each)...still a nice price on over 10000 packs.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. Yes the boxes were 36 packs (the pack wrapper reads 4 cards per pack/36 packs per box) and by the way ... I just opened another 200 packs or so and pulled another auto. Big Grin

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow. . . I'm still interested if you decide to let any go. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
WOW Congrats Logan

I am also interested if you decied to part with any please let me know

Thanks! Raz

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ra$ and webjon for the interest. I think I may keep them all for now but will definitely let you know if I decide to part with any of them in the future.

posted Hide Post
i remember buying 20 sealed cases of Bone.in the hope I pulled the Jeff Smith sketch!!cost more to ship them!!passion and hope.well done and good luck!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I've finally finished. Out of the 10,112 packs I pulled 5 autographs which averaged out to about 1 in 56 boxes. I'm obviously very pleased with those results. Here are scans of the new 5 with the first one I pulled a few weeks ago:

It's pretty cool to think I have 6 of the only 250 made.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey, would you be willing to sell one of those? I'm looking to buy.

Thanks.

Posts: 9 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmf49:
quote:

Hey, would you be willing to sell one of those? I'm looking to buy.

Thanks.

Sorry but I sold all 6 of them a while back. I ended up making quite a nice profit though. Smile Opening all those packs was quite an experience. It took me about a week with every second of my free time devoted to non-stop pack opening. You're new here and I don't want to come off as preachy but just be aware buying/selling on these boards isn't allowed.