Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2000 Upper Deck Christina Aguilera
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2000 Upper Deck Christina Aguilera
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry but I sold all 6 of them a while back. I ended up making quite a nice profit though. Smile Opening all those packs was quite an experience. It took me about a week with every second of my free time devoted to non-stop pack opening. You're new here and I don't want to come off as preachy but just be aware buying/selling on these boards isn't allowed.

Fair enough. Just curious, what were the numbers of that profit? Like what did 10,000 packs end up costing and what were each of them sold for?
Thanks

Posts: 9 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmf49:
quote:

Sorry but I sold all 6 of them a while back. I ended up making quite a nice profit though. Smile Opening all those packs was quite an experience. It took me about a week with every second of my free time devoted to non-stop pack opening. You're new here and I don't want to come off as preachy but just be aware buying/selling on these boards isn't allowed.

Fair enough. Just curious, what were the numbers of that profit? Like what did 10,000 packs end up costing and what were each of them sold for?
Thanks

I believe I paid $800 for the packs and sold the 6 autographs for around $2500 total.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
quote:

Thanks

I believe I paid $800 for the packs and sold the 6 autographs for around $2500 total.

The great American investment! Did you burn all the commons? Bought 2 boxes of these myself and have like 6 complete sets now.

Posts: 9 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
quote:

Thanks

The great American investment! Did you burn all the commons? Bought 2 boxes of these myself and have like 6 complete sets now.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say I threw them all out right after the grand opening. I never had much use for base cards. They just seem to take up too much space and are usually not worth enough to sell. Sad admission on my part I know. I ended up filling around 10 large black garbage bags with them. Cost me $20 in garbage stickers and each bag felt like it weighed 50 pounds.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit embarrassed to say I threw them all out right after the grand opening. I never had much use for base cards. They just seem to take up too much space and are usually not worth enough to sell. Sad admission on my part I know. I ended up filling around 10 large black garbage bags with them. Cost me $20 in garbage stickers and each bag felt like it weighed 50 pounds.[/QUOTE]

No offence intended Logan but this is not the first posting like this. Everybody seems to believe that a base set is not worth diddley squat, not worth selling and is worth less than the cost of the postage. Well spare a small thought for me. I live in a country where I can not buy a full box of any thing because there is no card shops in the whole of New Zealand. If I do buy a box off the net it costs me about $90 - $100 per box. Freight frequently costs $35 to $40 but if I want the set bad enough then I pay these exorbitant costs.
I would very much like to receive a box of Christina Aguilera that you put out in the rubbish even if it's an opened box of packs that has been picked over. I would even be prepared to meet the postage so long as it didn't include insurance, tracking and any other 'bay charges.
It's probably too late for me with this set but could others who think base sets are worthless please consider me before trashing sets?

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
I'm a bit embarrassed to say I threw them all out right after the grand opening. I never had much use for base cards. They just seem to take up too much space and are usually not worth enough to sell. Sad admission on my part I know. I ended up filling around 10 large black garbage bags with them. Cost me $20 in garbage stickers and each bag felt like it weighed 50 pounds.

No offence intended Logan but this is not the first posting like this. Everybody seems to believe that a base set is not worth diddley squat, not worth selling and is worth less than the cost of the postage. Well spare a small thought for me. I live in a country where I can not buy a full box of any thing because there is no card shops in the whole of New Zealand. If I do buy a box off the net it costs me about $90 - $100 per box. Freight frequently costs $35 to $40 but if I want the set bad enough then I pay these exorbitant costs.
I would very much like to receive a box of Christina Aguilera that you put out in the rubbish even if it's an opened box of packs that has been picked over. I would even be prepared to meet the postage so long as it didn't include insurance, tracking and any other 'bay charges.
It's probably too late for me with this set but could others who think base sets are worthless please consider me before trashing sets?[/QUOTE]

Hey man I'll hook you up, got 5 complete sets lol

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Hey man I'll hook you up, got 5 complete sets lol[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much! My email address is in my profile.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
Hey man I'll hook you up, got 5 complete sets lol

Thank you very much! My email address is in my profile.[/QUOTE]
Tried sending an email but my provided said your email blocked mine or something. Do you have a different address to contact?