Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Topps Heritage/Heroes of Space Flight relics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Heritage/Heroes of Space Flight relics
 Login/Join

posted
I didn't open it myself, so I don't know anything about the product, but I'm trying to locate a 2009 Topps Heritage Heroes of Space Flight price guide. Anyone know where to find one? (In particular trying to value a guidance and navigation chip from the Apollo 15, card HSFR-A15) If it's in NSU, I sure didn't see it...

It's kind of cool, and I have some space shuttle ones, but I'm not sure whether to dump them, or collect them. Did anyone try and collect the set?

Thanks, Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did collect these and almost everything else in that set. There are 3 different Apollo relics and 35 differently numbered Shuttle relics. There are some variations on some of the Shuttle numbers. They might be priced in a Sports guide, but to me the 3 Apollo cards are definitely rare pieces. The A15 was a redemption I was lucky to pull and never saw a realized sale of another. I still need the AS (Apollo-Soyuz) which I saw the same card sold twice. Was 2nd high bidder first time and missed out when that person got bored and did a BIN. I also need the A11, which I've never seen for sale. I still have an active eBay alert for these.
So I think the A15 is certainly an auction item as a rare card and a cool card. Not sure how to price it as I think only a handful were made. Certainly low supply, but not sure what the demand is. Too bad they didn't number them. The Shuttle cards have some short prints, but nothing that didn't show up. Not sure what the market is like today for the Shuttle cards, but they used to go between 10-40 depending on card number. some of the short prints might've gone a little higher, but I didn't keep notes.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input! I've had my Apollo 15 relic since the product came out, and only recently began to wonder if it was rare and expensive, or just not really worth listing on the 'bay. (Yet another spaz card show purchase. I can't be the only weak one...) If anyone decides to try these, there seems to be misinformation that they are all /61. This seems to stem from patch cards which are all #'d out of 61. These relic cards aren't numbered, so who really knows. I also found a listing for some of the cards in a baseball card price guide someone posted on another site. The Apollo-Soyuz card was priced about $250.

Thanks, Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all, new member but long time collector of autographed cards especially Bond, Star Trek TOS and a host of others - also a space collector.

Would you please be kind to post the A15 card front and back? I've never seen one and am very interested.

Sincerest thanks to one and all.
space phantom

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post