Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    There have been NO DC properties movie trading cards sets in a decade?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There have been NO DC properties movie trading cards sets in a decade?
 Login/Join

posted
I've been getting my collection organized with help of Jeff's House of Checklists, and it occurs to me that since Batman Begins and Superman Returns there have been ZERO licensed mass produced sets (though I've seen several movie promotional material via WB's productions proper) for;

The rest of the Nolan Batman Trilogy
Green Lantern
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman
Suicide Squad
and now Wonder Woman

Anyone know why this is the case? Cryptozoic seems to be plugging away with all the comic and television show properties, that frankly I'm pretty shocked there hasn't been a set for DC property movies (no matter what you think of the quality of said movie) in quite a long while now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SteveJRogers,

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
A Wonder Woman set with Gal Gadot autographs and memorabilia cards could do well, I would think.

If the Batman Begins and Superman Returns sets were the end of the line for DC movie cards, well, they certainly tried to make them good ones. Both sets have great autograph lists and nice relic cards.

The Superman Returns set was hampered by the overall negative reaction to the movie. Topps had already announced an Update set to follow, but those plans were quickly scrapped along with larger plans to continue that would-be-franchise. Man of Steel ended up being no improvement, as it turned out, but that storyline was continued anyway. Maybe it was just too late to start again, considering how far Warner had already fallen behind Disney in terms of developing a shared cinematic universe for their respective lines of popular comic book heroes.

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post