Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
ACK! My holy grail card is back on eBay!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2051054222

April 08, 2007, 07:51 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
ACK! My holy grail card is back on eBay!
Buffy season 2: Charisma Carpenter autograph card is back on eBay and I know it'll go for huge bucks...I gotta find a way to finance it somehow...

I want one of every card CC has signed for Inkworks....

ho-hum...

Val

April 08, 2007, 07:53 PM
simon1978
Can you bear to part with a kidney? Roll Eyes
April 08, 2007, 07:59 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
LOL....it'll take that much....
but I am not Cordelia_ChaseFan for nothing.....Smile

Val

April 08, 2007, 08:30 PM
Arvin Sloane
The seller just moved a lot of Buffy Season 3 autos and now has the Season 2 cards up.
The Cordy already has 4 bids Eek
April 08, 2007, 08:55 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
$402 already and there are still six days to go...definitely out of my price range if bidding keeps going this insane...

Val.

Frown

April 08, 2007, 08:55 PM
Incarnadine
This is one of the half dozen buffy autos that have held steady for the long term. Alread 4 bidders with 11 bids and it's over $400. Unless it gets crazy it should end in the $550-$600 range.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

April 08, 2007, 08:58 PM
Incarnadine
Whoops, I only just noticed it is one of the rare full signature variations, I haven't seen one of these in years. Could end up over $1000.

Heck, if I hadn't committed most of my card budget for the near future towards DC I might have gone after it myself to upgrade my own set. Razz

-Goethe

April 08, 2007, 09:16 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Yeah- although I think the last full name auto went for about $600 when it was on eBay....I figured everyone else would be chasing her new auto....oh well....

Mad

maybe one day....

(I don't even mind getting the single-named one....just want that specific card and the full name one would have been sweet.)

Val

April 08, 2007, 09:32 PM
Incarnadine
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
I figured everyone else would be chasing her new auto....oh well....

Val

Probably the reverse happened, a lot of people are looking for Charisma autos since VM 2 was released so more people are finding that auction. I've had my season 2 auto for many years so I haven't bothered looking for a long time, although I still have upgrades of Charisma to the full version and a Ritter with a quote or multi-colors on the backburner.

-Goethe

April 08, 2007, 09:35 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Cry- I wish I had been into Buffy sooner.....I will probably never be able to afford this auto...at least I pulled the Veronica Mars Charisma autograph on my own.

Val

April 09, 2007, 12:38 AM
Arvin Sloane
quote:
Cry- I wish I had been into Buffy sooner.....I will probably never be able to afford this auto...at least I pulled the Veronica Mars Charisma autograph on my own.

Val

Aaah, an interesting comment as it brings up another one of those age old threads that seem to pop-up. Does any autograph card of your favorite star count or does it have to come from that specific show that you're nuts about? Wink
April 09, 2007, 05:31 AM
rachandcarl
i was so excited when this came up. this seller had said he'd be selling all the buffy autos in reverse order.. and i'd be counting down.. but over $400 already! Arrggghhh!
April 10, 2007, 10:46 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Yeah I was counting down too and knew it qould come up on Sunday, but who knew the frenzy that would become the bidding on it...

As far as the other question: I adore Charisma Carpenter, so I am happy with the two autograph cards I own, including her Angel 2 one. With her, I am thrilled to have at least one Cordelia auto, but a second would be great.

and yes, I am also going to be getting the AP-W of hers.

Val

April 11, 2007, 05:32 AM
cardscout182
is charisma signing for veronica mars set and will you chase that if its out there? Metal
April 11, 2007, 09:46 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
is charisma signing for veronica mars set and will you chase that if its out there? Metal

Charisma HAS signed for Veronica Mars and I have no need to chase it- I was lucky enough to get one in one of my thus far, four boxes.

Smile

Val

April 12, 2007, 11:39 AM
Peter cloet
that's an incredible card. Sorry that I have no money for it.

A belgian hiphop group
April 12, 2007, 12:39 PM
Arvin Sloane
Things have been quiet since the inital bids. It's sitting at $412 right now. I guess the bidders are checking the couch for loose change.
I expect the usual last minute flurry of bids.
April 12, 2007, 11:19 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Yeah i am curious to see where it ends and still considering it if you can believe it- it would break the bank for me though, so I probably won't bid- but who knows...

Val

April 15, 2007, 02:39 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
$529.45 now and it isn't me...

Hmm..maybe I will give up this time...

Val

April 15, 2007, 03:20 AM
doggonit
quote:
$529.45 now and it isn't me...

Hmm..maybe I will give up this time...

Val

am so glad I managed to get mine a few months ago at around $280, ( didn't include carpenter but still ... ), it was the last auto needed to complete the sets so I was well pleased.