Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vertigo Tall cards
 Login/Join

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked up a set of Vertigo tall cards in binder with all chase for $4.

It is a great pick-up. Last year I was near to get the Return of Superman binder for a great price, but forget to check my watch list.

PD
Please add me in the contest. Thanks.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's the envelope it comes in and some of the views. This is the last call for anymore entries and I'll cap it sometime tonight with a post, and then do the drawing late tonight or early Friday, but expect the results to be posted by Friday afternoon. If your screen name is among the winners when the time comes, email me your address, and that's where I'll send it. My Email is in my profile. Good luck!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Please enter me as well. Very kind and generous of you to offer this contestSmile

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If not too late, enter me please. Thanks.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please enter me in this drawing
Thanks

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to be part of the drawing! Thanks.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, everyone so far is entered. Anyone else who wants to get in, you have until Midnight tonight (Pacific Time) which is about 3 hours from the time I'm writing this post. I'll draw and post the winners tomorrow (Friday, late afternoon, early evening).
There will be more than one winner.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
Did not get the Death Skydisc with the set. Did get one Silver Foil card.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, the random drawing is concluded. I figured on having 10 respondents and giving out 2 of them, but we had 21 entries, so I'm ponying up 4 of them, giving everyone a 20% chance, pretty much.

There were 5 international entries so I put those in one draw for one card (global goodwill initiative) and the winner for that was:

RAJ

Then, I put my 16 compatriots in another draw for 3 of them, so your odds would be the same, just a bit higher than 1 in 5.
The winners were:

ACE(as it was Ace's good fortune in the first place that led to this contest, I can now report everything is coming up aces.)
BAROBEHERE
KANE1

...so I just need addresses from you guys and you can then watch your mailbox.

Thanks to every one else who tried. You can all be assured the draw was as random as it gets.
I have no favorites anyway, I like you all just the same, just like my cats.
I will do another of these someday, when I have run out of the good karma this has produced.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners and thanks very much for doing the contest. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Congratulation to the other winners. Thanks.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the draw. While I didn't buy much of the DC Villains set, I do have a base set of it.

I've sent an email with my details.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners and thanks for the cool contest! Thumb Up

Going to post this in the Trade section but:
now that I'm aware are the DC Villains set, anyone got an extra base set for trade? Wave

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
chesspieceface,
Thank you for doing this contest. Email w/address sent.
Happy to say "I won". Thanks.
Sincerely, Ace Clap

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Holy Smokes! I won! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, guys! The other ones have already been sent and I'll get yours out tomorrow.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
One last note on the Vertigo cards.
I noticed on the back of the silver chase it had the word "Prototype"?
Confused

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right, those were dealer samples, if I'm not mistaken. They weren't found in packs like the gold versions, and are tougher to find than regular promos. All 6 were issued, probably one to each shop that Skybox was trying to get to pre-order the Vertigo set. I don't think each dealer was given a set of 6, but whatever the case, you don't see complete sets of the silver prototypes offered very often.

Ace and Barrett, your Skymotion cards are on the way, so you should get them Wednesday or Thursday, most likely.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
For both The Sandman and Vertigo set there were Silver foil versions of the bronze foil insert cards. The Silver versions were sent 1 per packet of information sent to the shop. A lot of these promos were tossed. I have the Silver Death promo that I got out of a trash card at the baseball card shop I went to. I got a Sandman Mystery Theater one from the same shop for the Vertigo set.
Did you get a full set in your 4 dollar binder?? That would be something.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post