Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vertigo Tall cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He said he got a set of the regular foils, and one silver prototype. Still, to get even one of those along with the rest for only 4 bucks is pretty fantastic!

One of my best buys like that was a shrinkwrapped set of Batman Masterseries cards. I figured it was the regular base set when I saw it online, so I bought it for $6 including shipping, but when it arrived, I was surprised at how big a brick of cards it was. Once opened, it had the base set plus the full signature parallel base set and ALL of the inserts including the 10 card Villains set and both of the rare Clearchrome versions of the Batman and Joker Chrome 2 card chase set along with the regular chromes.

I'd bought quite a few boxes of the Batman Master series (most at clearance), but even so, I'd never been able to finish either the villains set, which is amazing, or the signature set, and I'd never found even a single one of the clearchrome cards, but there it was, all at once, and cheap! I think it was a sample set meant for a bigger distributor or dealer as it also had a white Skybox logo card in the shrinkwrap with the rest. Lucky day.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The Batman Masterseries is an awesome set. I never got one of the Clearchrome cards. I remember ordering the binder from Skybox.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Our respective postal services must have been drinking some sort of magic potion to give them super speed. The card arrived today.

It's rather good. Smile

Thanks again, Rudy.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Very good, thank you, Raj.

Those kinds of cards, the optimum way to look at them is obviously moving them very slowly and well backlit, but also, with one eye closed. Sometimes our natural stereo vision can hamper the lenticular effect, especially one like this with so many "frames".

Now let's hope the US to US postal service is as good. I don't usually send cards in long white envelopes simply wrapped in a sheet of paper, but this card is pretty sturdy and in a nice tyvek sleeve, so hopefully the others have received theirs in good condition as well.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My card arrive in the mail yesterday! Thank you!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
chesspieceface thanks for the cards. It is a great piece to any collection. I received it past Saturday. Thanks.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
chesspieceface
Got my card. Thank you. If you hold it in front of a light and tip it up and down (not side to side) it works well. Thanks again.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post