Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What do you do with them?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you do with them?
 Login/Join

posted
By now I am sure many of us have a large pile of unfinished puzzles, stray printing plates we've pulled, sketches from people we've never heard of featuring subjects we don't care about, weird die cut cards with nothing more special about them than the fact that they have easily damaged shapes, etc. (Maybe we should have a create your own die-cut contest... lol)

Anyways, here's the question; what do you do with them? Save them in a pile, dump them, risk them in a blind trade on the board, make them someone else's problem as part of the secret santa... ? --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sell them on Ebay or swap them with other cardtalkers or give them away,usually in that order Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I like the secret santa idea! lol

I tend to do very little trading with puzzle sketches. Thankfully I've really only pulled 1 and I sold it because I had no chance of completing it. Someone in NY has AT LEAST 3 of the 4 from a cool looking boba fett puzzle sketches from ESB Widevision lol. I knew someone else had 1 piece of it and we both moved them within 3 days to the same person lol

As for printing plates, I just put them with the respective sets as a cool novelty. It'd be nice to put together a set of all 4 colors of 1 card (like the Harry Potter box sets they did) but not something I would hunt after. Eventually I'll pull an old Inkworks plate, never did score 1 from a box Frown Most of mine have actually come from Breygent mystery packs now that I think of it. Thanks Tom!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Sell them on Ebay or swap them with other cardtalkers or give them away,usually in that order Smile .
What he said Big Grin Emphasis probably on sell them on eBay. I may not want them but I'm sure somebody out there does.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now you see i don't see a large pile of unfinished puzzles as something to get rid of. I see it as a challenge to find all the missing pieces and therfore make the puzzles. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Frankly theres been alot of card product coming out lately that doesn't interest me, or I think I already have way enough of it.

I don't buy it so I don't have piles of unwanted stuff (odd puzzle pieces, funky pencil sketch cards, yellow printing plates - ugh!)

But if I did, I'd try to trade it off to someone and get something I do collect. And I'd give them a great deal since they would be helping me out!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Trade them. Someone loves them. I have all sorts of collections and I run across collectors for everything. I found out a fellow card talker is also a DC Universe Classics toy collector like I am. It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I keep everything; I have hoarder's syndrome.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I keep everything; I have hoarder's syndrome.

Hey, I'm with you!! If I don't have a home for it I hang onto it until such times as I do! Never let a card go by is my philosophy. I just kniow that if I do I'm gonna want that card in the future.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I put all individual cards I want in binders. I put all sets I want in plastic count cases. I put everything else I get in a cardboard box. When I can no longer close the top of the box I get another box. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I put it on my trades list here on Card Talk. I figure if it isn't my thing, it might be somebody elses.

I also try to keep my extras to a minimum and only buy what I like.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
When I actually finally get around to sorting them all I work out a trade/want list or sell the higher items on the bay. But it's the getting sorted out thing that's my problem, I really have to be in the mood and I'm not right now.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go along with the ebay idea. I get lazy myself and out off selling until there worth little anyway.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Would you be willing to post a partial list or a few titles of the cards/sets you're looking to part with? Thumb Up

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post