Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Swg2 super redemption card?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swg2 super redemption card?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Has anybody ever seen this card? Do you know what it looks like or a scan?

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Do you mean the Star Wars Galaxy II Pink autograph redemption card?

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, that is a regular redemption card for 1 autographed card from series 2.

This is for a complete set of galaxy series 1 autographed cards.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally don't believe this card exist:

1) The autographs in the SWG 1 set seem more of an after thought.

2) Unlikely that Topps would have spent the money to produce a one off redemption card (or even 10 for instance). The SW franchise had been
dead for essentially 10 years at that point and I can't see Topps spending the money to produce "one" card in an untested market.

3) Topps was producing SWG magazine with the SWG set- seem more likely to have it as an contest in the magazine than to produce a card. The magazine is where I got most of my uncut sheets.

4) A couple of years after the set came out I wrote Topps concerning the autographs; how many artist, how many signed etc. After repeated letters I just got the run around. It would seem that if there was a way to win a set of autograph cards - the information I requested would have been more readily available.

5) I have the letter that came with the publishers proof box- nothing is said about winning a set of autographs- seems this would have been a big draw for comic shop owners as well as for Topps. Yes the publishers proof for SWG 1 is a proof of the Milennium Falcon set; however, it seems that they still would have mentioned it since the autographs also appeared in that set

Daniel W. Skowronski

Posts: 64 | Location: Norton Ohio 44203 | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
Been collecting Star Wars cards for 10 years and never heard of it. Not mentioned on any checklist or anything I have seen in relation to the set.

Are you sure it exists?

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There was a contest in Star Wars Galaxy magazine for a set of the autograph cards with a certain number of winners. Perhaps those sets came with a "Congratulations - You're a Super Winner" type card that was made for the promotion. I don't think the card was in packs though. The Blue Redemption card for just one autograph card was hard enough to find!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. I am talking about a winner card from the packs from series 2 not series 1. A card that can be sent in when found just like the pink redemption/winner card.

David

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool. What color is it? I'd like to see one.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey David,

This pink redemption card does exist. If I recall, there is less than 5 inserted in packs. I know of one dealer whom opened one hundred cases and pulled one. He did redeemed it an received a full autograph set. We purchased the set from him and sold it to a client of ours. Hope this help.
Kind Regards,
Richard

Posts: 2 | Location: CA | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportman:
Hey David,

This pink redemption card does exist. If I recall, there is less than 5 inserted in packs. I know of one dealer whom opened one hundred cases and pulled one. He did redeemed it an received a full autograph set. We purchased the set from him and sold it to a client of ours. Hope this help.
Kind Regards,
Richard

Richard,

I appreciate it. I heard a similar story a couple of years ago. I don't know how many survived though.

Thanks,
David

Picture of Martin
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I have been looking for you... :-) What is your email these days?

You can email me at my same old email.

Thanks!

Martin

Posts: 144 | Location: Woburn, MA | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post