Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Swg2 super redemption card?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2017053076

April 26, 2014, 05:39 PM
dpolis
Swg2 super redemption card?
Hi,

Has anybody ever seen this card? Do you know what it looks like or a scan?

David

April 27, 2014, 12:03 PM
RedFive
Do you mean the Star Wars Galaxy II Pink autograph redemption card?
April 27, 2014, 01:35 PM
dpolis
Nope, that is a regular redemption card for 1 autographed card from series 2.

This is for a complete set of galaxy series 1 autographed cards.

David

April 28, 2014, 10:50 PM
Daleks
I personally don't believe this card exist:

1) The autographs in the SWG 1 set seem more of an after thought.

2) Unlikely that Topps would have spent the money to produce a one off redemption card (or even 10 for instance). The SW franchise had been
dead for essentially 10 years at that point and I can't see Topps spending the money to produce "one" card in an untested market.

3) Topps was producing SWG magazine with the SWG set- seem more likely to have it as an contest in the magazine than to produce a card. The magazine is where I got most of my uncut sheets.

4) A couple of years after the set came out I wrote Topps concerning the autographs; how many artist, how many signed etc. After repeated letters I just got the run around. It would seem that if there was a way to win a set of autograph cards - the information I requested would have been more readily available.

5) I have the letter that came with the publishers proof box- nothing is said about winning a set of autographs- seems this would have been a big draw for comic shop owners as well as for Topps. Yes the publishers proof for SWG 1 is a proof of the Milennium Falcon set; however, it seems that they still would have mentioned it since the autographs also appeared in that set

Daniel W. Skowronski
April 29, 2014, 03:08 PM
JR2D2
Been collecting Star Wars cards for 10 years and never heard of it. Not mentioned on any checklist or anything I have seen in relation to the set.

Are you sure it exists?
April 29, 2014, 07:46 PM
dpolis
Yes.

April 30, 2014, 01:23 AM
chesspieceface
There was a contest in Star Wars Galaxy magazine for a set of the autograph cards with a certain number of winners. Perhaps those sets came with a "Congratulations - You're a Super Winner" type card that was made for the promotion. I don't think the card was in packs though. The Blue Redemption card for just one autograph card was hard enough to find!

April 30, 2014, 02:12 PM
dpolis
Nope. I am talking about a winner card from the packs from series 2 not series 1. A card that can be sent in when found just like the pink redemption/winner card.

David

April 30, 2014, 04:53 PM
chesspieceface
That's pretty cool. What color is it? I'd like to see one.

May 03, 2014, 12:02 PM
non-sportman
Hey David,

This pink redemption card does exist. If I recall, there is less than 5 inserted in packs. I know of one dealer whom opened one hundred cases and pulled one. He did redeemed it an received a full autograph set. We purchased the set from him and sold it to a client of ours. Hope this help.
Kind Regards,
Richard
May 06, 2014, 10:17 PM
dpolis
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportman:
Hey David,

This pink redemption card does exist. If I recall, there is less than 5 inserted in packs. I know of one dealer whom opened one hundred cases and pulled one. He did redeemed it an received a full autograph set. We purchased the set from him and sold it to a client of ours. Hope this help.
Kind Regards,
Richard

Richard,

I appreciate it. I heard a similar story a couple of years ago. I don't know how many survived though.

Thanks,
David

May 08, 2014, 09:21 AM
Martin
Hi David,

I have been looking for you... :-) What is your email these days?

You can email me at my same old email.

Thanks!

Martin