Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Sherlock Holmes Cult Stuff Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sherlock Holmes Cult Stuff Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
On the first Sherlock set (not the new, 2013 one), Cult Stuff did a 2nd printing of the packs, in early 2012, that according to their website had a new chase card, which came 1 per 3 packs. This new chase was a regular sized version of the 9 canvas cards that were inserted in the original packs.

Anyone ever see this chase card ? I have not, and I opened more than 3 packs. I guess if only 200 packs were made, maybe only 66 of these exist ???

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen a blank backed canvas card, with the image of the 9 canvas cards together. It has S1 written on the back in pencil. Is this the chase card from the 2nd print packs ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that fits the description. I hadn't seen it identified with the "S1" before.

And as for whether only 66 exist, I'd say that 66-67 were issued with the 2nd Printing, but who's to say there weren't a few more that will show up as insert surprises in other boxed sets or mystery boxes/yearboxes? I get sooo confused about what the boundaries are between different releases of continuing sagas.

Plus card #20 showed up with the Adventures sets, and it's becoming tough to figure out whose sketch cards showed up at different times! I applaud one eBay seller who actually states "this particular card came from (a specific type of) pack/tin/box."

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have seen a blank backed canvas card, with the image of the 9 canvas cards together. It has S1 written on the back in pencil. Is this the chase card from the 2nd print packs ?

This is definately the chase, i pulled one from a pack and got a 2nd one from somewhere else (I think Jason included it with some other stuff). These 2nd edition packs were also meant to include sketches by Hack and Sanna U, 1 in every 10 packs. Never seen a Sanna U Sherlock card other than the AP I picked up from her directly. Would love to see some more if anyone has any.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Zero, does the one you found have a blank back, aside from S1, like mine ?

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zero, does the one you found have a blank back, aside from S1, like mine ?

Canvas with blank/white back. It has S1 in the bottom right hand corner of the back. Hand drawn in grey/black.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking at Jeff's checklist, I have a few questions:

What does the "Buyers Preview Card" look like ? Anyone have a scan ?

It is also said that the first 200 packs had a bonus card, but nothing is listed on the checklist. What was this card ?

Jeff, you need to add a few more Sherlock promos. There is also the T1 from Tom Breyer, and the TC by Applecards in the UK

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking at Jeff's checklist, I have a few questions:

It is also said that the first 200 packs had a bonus card, but nothing is listed on the checklist. What was this card ?

Assuming this question relates to the first release of SH & Victorian Crime I asked Jason about this a long time ago and he said it wasn't a unique extra card (something they do quite often now) but just a little something extra from what was generally available.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, Zero. Thanks again for your reply. Yes, I was referring to the first Sherlock set.

Do you have the buyers preview card that Jeff lists ? I've never seen that one, to my knowledge.

On a side note, for the new, 2013 set, that early order Magno card seems to be tough to find. I've only seen one appear up for auction over the past 2 months, and it sold for $ 40.

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi, Zero. Thanks again for your reply. Yes, I was referring to the first Sherlock set.

Do you have the buyers preview card that Jeff lists ? I've never seen that one, to my knowledge.

On a side note, for the new, 2013 set, that early order Magno card seems to be tough to find. I've only seen one appear up for auction over the past 2 months, and it sold for $ 40.

You very welcome David. Never seen or even heard of the Sherlock buyers preview card until you mentioned it above. Had a look in Jeff's list and there it is. As the Dracula/Linck promo proved these things sometimes get confused. The only 'Buyers Preview' card i'm aware of was for the Titanic set (the blue one).

As a further side note i'm still waiting for the Adventures...'first person to order' competition card, for want of a better phrase. I was the 2nd person to order. There were supposed to be just 9 winners of this, as it needed to be printed on a single sheet.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the new 2013 set is one of the best card sets I have ever seen ! Very creative chase cards !

Does anyone remember the Sherlock set by CMA/River Wye in the early 2000s ? That was nice, too. They produced 2 promos for the first set, and 2 for the never released second one (not listed in PCE). The Series 2 promos are very tough to find, in my experience. I've never seen any for sale, other than the ones I have.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff, you need to add a few more Sherlock promos. There is also the T1 from Tom Breyer, and the TC by Applecards in the UK

There is also a canvas promo that is #'d "CP" that is not listed on Jeff's site.
It is exclusive to Umbrella Trading Cards in the UK. I've emaild Jeff with the
info that I have...maybe these will get added on his next update.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My mistake, Greg, I meant promo CP, not TC.

There is no TC

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info - I had never seen the CP. Or the buyer's preview card, unless it was on eBay long ago, maybe as a mystery box item.

And contrary to what it says in auction titles, T1 is a promo for the next set, Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. I haven't heard of it showing up in the Adventures or Mystery packages.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff, shoot me an email I will send you a scan of my Sherlock CP promo

mistermycroft@msn.com

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff, shoot me an email I will send you a scan of my Sherlock CP promo

mistermycroft@msn.com

Thanks, but Greg already emailed one. (Thanks GG!)