Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Another Night of the Living Dead Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Night of the Living Dead Card Set
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:
Ted, we are still waiting for your NotLD card set! Mark Spears and Calandra did one this year and Byron Winton is talking about doing one next year.

Don't think that I haven't considered it. With so many products out there, I have to imagine their licensing isn't too expensive.

You're probably right. I don't know any hard figures but each person I've spoken to about getting their trading cards licensed and who has actually reached out to Image Ten has had, from my perspective, a positive experience.

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The comic book mentioned above comes with new promo card P1.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're probably right. I don't know any hard figures but each person I've spoken to about getting their trading cards licensed and who has actually reached out to Image Ten has had, from my perspective, a positive experience.

For what it's worth, I did send an inquiry a week ago about licensing but haven't heard back. They were probably like, "Who's this clown"? Big Grin

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Kickstarter ended with over $ 4400 so I guess the cards are being produced.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Another Kickstarter !

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...s/a-theater-near-you

And it has CARDS if they get to $ 4,000

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The latest NOTLD comic has a card if they reach a certain level

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ad-comics?ref=3qyhr7

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Even though the comic Kickstarter didn't reach its goal, everyone who pledged gets the new promo card

posted Hide Post
quote:
Even though the comic Kickstarter didn't reach its goal, everyone who pledged gets the new promo card

Oh man, I completely missed out on this but thanks for the heads up! I have reached out to American Mythology to see if I can still buy a card.

Additionally, I am looking for the fan who had these awesome custom cards printed by Pop Art Sports Cards. Apparently he's a fan from CA who passed alot of styles of card out to NotLD cast at the Days of the Dead convention in Indianapolis. He got his cards signed and then gave the the actors his extras. The only ones I managed to lay hands on were for Judy Ridley (thanks to a friend who secured them for me) I am hearing that he made them for everyone though.

Any help finding this mega fan would be appreciated, I'd love to see more of his cards!

Additionally, did you guys see the new NoTLD die-cut sticker set that was released for Living Dead Weekend?

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
American Mythology also did cards for its comics Silent Night, Deadly Night (1 card) and Fright Night (1 card)

Fright Night had a card which said Promo 1 of 4 on the back, but I don't think any further cards came out, although more comics did.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An uncut sheet of NOTLD cards for $ 50.

NOTE: 2 of the prior promo cards are available as add-ons for a mere $ 2.00

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...creator_youve_backed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

posted Hide Post
I was just about to post about this as well as the new Fright Rags reissue - both of which feel like cash grabs though.

https://www.fright-rags.com/pr...he-week-of-june-26th

I will likely buy both but not happily. I don't think Image Ten knew about the new Fright Rags card (I could be wrong, but they didn't promote it as they usually would) and these American Mythology one-off's are just wearing me out.

Did you see the new die cut stickers? I bought a set at the Living Dead Weekend in October. Cheaper and a direct product from Image Ten.

https://www.monroevillezombies.com/niofliderest.html

Finally, there is a new unlicensed set of 80 cards that I will feature in my blog as soon as I find time.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

It is not obvious at first, but if you pledge towards the new Kickstarter they offer you a chance to get 2 of the older cards for $ 2 as an add on when you check out, in case you missed those.

posted Hide Post
Yeah - they added the two previous cards because I wrote to them asking about the last one. I didn't want to support that campaign either but the uncut set is pretty cool. But there are only two previous cards, right? So will there be cut copies of the other two on this uncut sheet?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
American Mythology previously did a Zorro softcover book through Kickstarter which was supposed to contain an exclusive card. It turned out to be a 4 card uncut sheet of the promos.

Later on, in early 2023 I believe, they had another Zorro Kickstarter with a different sheet that appeared to be random cards from the base set in uncut form. I passed on that one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you see the new die cut stickers? I bought a set at the Living Dead Weekend in October. Cheaper and a direct product from Image Ten.

https://www.monroevillezombies.com/niofliderest.html

Thanks for posting these - grabbed the stickers and card sets.

Interested to see what the unlicensed set is?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If the Kickstarter reaches 8K there will be a brand new card added

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Barbra card is now available as they passed $ 8,000.00

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Here are a few Judy cards from the unlicensed 2023 Pop Art Sports Cards Set. Blog and more photos forthcoming. Unfortunately though, I don't think they're available for additional copies.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If the Kickstarter reaches $12,500 there is a new card of Ben.

posted Hide Post
quote:

This is nuts! I reached out to American Mythology to ask if this (meaning the Barbra card) would be the last one they'd issue. I was told yes, it would be the last. Maybe they meant the last campaign?

I like that everyone's putting out cards in on respect but in another, I'm a little fatigued from having to buy things I don't one for a single card here and there. In this case, we're getting more cards for the same price so that's great though. And I am looking forward to getting the collected comic books. I don't collect them but liked the first one and expect to enjoy the whole story and artwork!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This is nuts! I reached out to American Mythology to ask if this (meaning the Barbra card) would be the last one they'd issue. I was told yes, it would be the last. Maybe they meant the last campaign?

I like that everyone's putting out cards in on respect but in another, I'm a little fatigued from having to buy things I don't one for a single card here and there. In this case, we're getting more cards for the same price so that's great though. And I am looking forward to getting the collected comic books. I don't collect them but liked the first one and expect to enjoy the whole story and artwork!

I never track them, but do one-off cards like these ever find their way onto eBay? I can't imagine every person who pledges wants the card.