Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    How do Horror Cards Do?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do Horror Cards Do?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ben, are the autograph odds for Halloween still 1 in 5 boxes? I think I may have to pick myself up a box. Wink

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I't actually much closer to 1 in 3 boxes Smile

Posts: 36 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
does this mean that some boxes do not contain an autograph or a sketch?

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No - with the new autographs, ALL sealed cases will have either an autograph or sketch card Smile

Posts: 36 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm liking the gradual improvement of the Fright Rags sets. Each one having more in it than the last.

When they get to a Devil's Rejects set with one autograph per box, I'm in! Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much! Unfortunately there are no plans for a Devil's Rejects set. As much as I'd love there to be one, we just don't have enough approved assets to use.

posted Hide Post

Speaking of horror and Fright-Rags, check out our NSU Card Talk Halloween giveaways! We are also having a Halloween giveaway on our Instagram. Check out the links below!

NSU Card Talk Halloween Giveaway

NSU Instagram Halloween Giveaway

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ben - Fright-Rags:
Thanks so much! Unfortunately there are no plans for a Devil's Rejects set. As much as I'd love there to be one, we just don't have enough approved assets to use.

Cursed Lionsgate!

How about Cabin In The Woods? Or the 1990 Night of The Living Dead? Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully a Texas Chainsaw set is still in the works. Smile

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish, but it has been repeatedly shot down by the rightsholders.

I can say we've got a full set of Silent Night Deadly Night cards (with Linnea Quigley auto) coming in December, and a killer NOTLD '68 set coming with never before seen images. Other things are in the works but we are working out some kinks.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How about a Halloween set from the 2018 film?

posted Hide Post
I wish....no go on that. Many of the issues come from licensors and what they will allow; most of them will only allow approved assets - and we tend to only get a few images. Some other films are fine and they let us use whatever we want.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Are they any printing plates from the Halloween card set?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
An administrator needs to link this thread to the unlicensed card threat, so the pro unlicensed card people can see what a true card maker has to deal with!

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not on this one now that we have enough sketches and autos for our complete run of sealed boxes

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Hi Ben,

I am looking to pick up a Halloween Sealed Box and was wondering if you could clarify the set composition?

How many cards are in the sticker, character and art parallel sets?

What are the art parallel cards?

And can you share the print run with us?

Thanks!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the answers to your questions:
- 9 total stickers

- 6 art parallel cards (these are the same as the base cards but with a different colored border)

- no character cards - unfortunately that was a misprint on the product page for the dealer box. We have since revised it; I apologize for any confusion.

- We haven’t disclosed production numbers on any of our sets, but we printed 2-3X what we have on previous sets.

Thanks so much!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clarifying the set composition Ben.

You'll be pleased to know that I have just purchased a sealed box - my first box of any trading cards in over 8 years. From the box design, wax packs, set design, trivia card backs, sticker puzzle backs, it all looks a very well put together and good quality product.

Having the complete set of base and chase in the box was appealing and felt good value, and whilst I can take or leave sketches, I am really hoping for an autograph card.

My only critique is levied at the "art parallel" cards... I'm not sure what makes them "art" cards, and why have 6 random cards as parallels rather than a whole set? Maybe this could have been a 9-card character set as originally advertised? Or a 6-card set featuring poster artwork? Just something a bit different. Anyway, looking forward to opening some packs for the first time in a long time and I'll keep a few wrappers too - something I have never done before. Thumb Up

I have my fingers crossed you'll be able to do cards fro The Thing at some point...

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the kind words and I appreciate the suggestions. We are still trying to dial in our approach to make these sets interesting and fun, all the while working within the limitations of each license. The "art" parallel is just the changing of the colors of the border; we thought by making them only certain cards it makes them a bit more scarce. Again, we are always up for ways to improve these so thank you for the input!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Side-Note: I loved the Terror Cards XL 05/06 Series (by Necroscope?). They were sold one card at-a-time on their website.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post