Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    How do Horror Cards Do?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do Horror Cards Do?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Those are great! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Posts: 36 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
A few Sketches.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Ams&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
A few New ARs are on the Way,
2 of them aren't shown here as they are NSFW

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Fright-Rags is now Sold out of Factory Sets as well....

posted Hide Post
Yup, we are all sold out! Working on new sets now! Smile

Posts: 36 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Do Tell.....What is it?

posted Hide Post
Hmmm...let's see; we've currently got Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn of the Dead (original), Halloween (original), House of 1,000 Corpses, and a few more Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ben - Fright-Rags:
That is true - we want to do something special for the 50th anniversary next year so we will look into the existing cards and see what we can do.

Ben, that sounds awesome, please keep us updated!

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will be working on these soon...hoping to get them out before the end of the year!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Ben, just seen the new Chucky cards you have coming out which look really neat.

If you're reading, any update on cards for Halloween? 2018 might be the ideal time what with the new sequel out this year...

Plus eagerly awaiting whatever you may release for The Thing. Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks so much! We actually have an entire set of Halloween (78) cards designed and ready to go but unfortunately the studio decided against us doing it. We are still trying to figure it out but apparently they don’t think trading cards aren’t a good fit. It’s a shame too, the set was really cool. Perhaps someday we will be able to do it, but it won’t be this year. We just might be doing a smaller set for Halloween II and III since it’s under a different license Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks for such a fast reply Ben.

That is such a shame to hear. I'm genuinely gutted but I appreciate the info. I wonder why trading cards offended their merchandising sensibilities? I hope you can produce them one day.

Great to hear Halloween II & III might happen. A lot of fans like II and III has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, a classic B movie. I'd buy them if you put them out.

Any word on The Thing?

HMV over here have just put out a series of 80s movies on blu-rays in VHS style packaging, one of which is The Thing, and includes a "bubblegum card" and sticker for the film, both of which I believe are the first licenced cards for this great film. But 2 cards are not enough and I have been excited for anything you may make for this one since you teased it last year...

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m honestly not sure exactly what the issue is, which is part of the frustration. Hopefully we will be able to resolve it at some point.

I am looking forward to Halloween II and III, though we are severely limited as we are only allowed to use approved assets and there aren’t a ton to choose from so it may be a smaller set. Either way, we will do our best!

As for The Thing, there has been an issue with rights so new merch has been out on hold indefinitely so I’m not sure if those will ever happen. I hate to be the bearer of bad news - there is a lot that goes into these and it can be hard with legacy titles. That said, I am pleased to say that we have other full sets in the works for classic and new properties as well as different types of sets for the properties we are limited on so more to come!

The HMV set is great! My guess is that they were able to get that through before the rights issues; or its different for the UK. Either way, it’s great!

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Halloween set is back on -- Fright Rags has it with an October 25th ship date on their website. . .

They also have a number of other horror related card offerings. Thinking about picking up some Saw.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
They’re out now; I received a shipping notice earlier today for the box I had preordered. Really looking forward to this set!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Ash Vs Evil Dead sets they did were very nice - small and inexpensive. I would've liked a larger set, but the execution was great.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much everyone! The Halloween cards are gong well...almost sold out! We've got more coming in 202, and one more set this year. Silent Night, Deadly Night in December Smile

As for the Ash VS Evil Dead, we wanted to do more but we were very limited in what we had available to use for images, and they would not let us use ones we got ourselves. That said, the smaller sets are still fun and I think get the idea across.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Halloween autograph list has been updated with 2 additional signers to go along with PJ Soles - Nick Castle and Tommy Lee Wallace. This set really does look great! Thumb Up The Nick Castle card is a must-own for horror fans IMHO. ClapBouncey

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keen eye Smile I just updated those this morning They were late additions but we were able to get them in before production was over! So happy we were able to include them!