Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
How do Horror Cards Do?

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1947086586

March 06, 2017, 10:43 AM
Raven
How do Horror Cards Do?
Well there was a set made on Night of the Living Dead. Unstoppable put it out in 2012 I believe, although I never saw any in person. They are floating about and they did have cast autographs in it.

Not saying it can't be improved upon, but Dawn of the Dead and Day and Land have not been done so far.
March 06, 2017, 10:57 AM
Ben - Fright-Rags
That is true - we want to do something special for the 50th anniversary next year so we will look into the existing cards and see what we can do.

____________________
FRIGHT-RAGS
kick-*** horror shirts and accessories
www.fright-rags.com
March 20, 2017, 07:17 PM
Kryten67
http://thatsportscardshow.libsyn.com/podcast

ONLY 200 Barbara Crampton Autographs were made.

75 Autos were put into Sealed Boxes!



unkown how many were inserted into the Factory Set... you get either a Sketch Card or Autographs....there are 10 different Artists in the set, so I think there will be more Sketches than Autos.....

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!
March 21, 2017, 09:45 AM
Ben - Fright-Rags
Actually, we have equal amounts of autos and sketch cards - 200 each - so the chances are pretty equal at what you get Smile

____________________
FRIGHT-RAGS
kick-*** horror shirts and accessories
www.fright-rags.com
March 21, 2017, 02:02 PM
Kryten67
Cool...

That Counts for 175 of the 200 Autographs!

that means 25 Autos are randomly put into the single wax packs.

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!
March 22, 2017, 11:31 AM
Kryten67
Hobby Boxes are SOLD OUT.

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!
March 22, 2017, 12:00 PM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well there was a set made on Night of the Living Dead. Unstoppable put it out in 2012 I believe, although I never saw any in person. They are floating about and they did have cast autographs in it.

Not saying it can't be improved upon, but Dawn of the Dead and Day and Land have not been done so far.


I enjoyed making that set, can't believe it was way back in 2012!!!
April 03, 2017, 08:19 PM
Kryten67
this set ships next week

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!
April 08, 2017, 05:27 AM
X
quote:
Originally posted by Ben - Fright-Rags:
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Again, the feedback really helps us as we navigate the trading card world...cannot wait to do more!


Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to join the forum and tell us about your new ventures. I had seen this thread when it was originally posted but glossed over it as I'm not a fan on Reanimator, but I am glad I checked back in to read what you have in the pipeline...

The original Halloween is one of my favourite films, a real classic and I am very excited at the thought of some cards for that property. Big fan of the original Romero Dead trilogy as well, and whilst cards for Dawn will no doubt be popular with horror fans, I would be more eager to see cards for Day of the Dead (my favourite of the 3).

But if you're taking suggestions, more than anything I would LOVE to get a card set for John Carpenter's The Thing. I'd buy that in a nanosecond. And if the logistics would allow, a card set for the first Terminator.

Anyway, good luck with the cards, we all need more manufacturers willing to try something new. It seems no-one these days wants to take a chance on card sets for new movies, and there were a lot of great films that never got a card set they deserved.

(And nice touch on putting ALL the chase cards in a box - that will make A LOT of collectors happy, and would certainly entice me to buy!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,
April 12, 2017, 11:59 AM
Ben - Fright-Rags
Thanks so much! As for your requests, Day of the Dead could happen, but it won't be for awhile. We probably won't be able to to Terminator - at least not for awhile either. Trading cards are tricky when it comes to rights.

We do have trading card rights for The Thing, but we are limited in what we are allowed to do, so we are thinking of the best ways to deliver something cool for this and the other titles we have with Universal. It just might be a scaled down version and not a full set.

____________________
FRIGHT-RAGS
kick-*** horror shirts and accessories
www.fright-rags.com
April 12, 2017, 03:43 PM
X
quote:
Originally posted by Ben - Fright-Rags:
Thanks so much! As for your requests, Day of the Dead could happen, but it won't be for awhile. We probably won't be able to to Terminator - at least not for awhile either. Trading cards are tricky when it comes to rights.

We do have trading card rights for The Thing, but we are limited in what we are allowed to do, so we are thinking of the best ways to deliver something cool for this and the other titles we have with Universal. It just might be a scaled down version and not a full set.


Thanks for responding so specifically! Again, if only all card manufacturers did the same.
Great to hear Day of the Dead is possible, and I figured as much with The Terminator being a 'bigger' property.

But so happy to hear you actually do have the rights for The Thing, of all my suggestions that was the one I was most hoping to hear could happen. The best news I've heard on a potential new card set in a long time.
Are you able to share details of the limitations? I always assume actor image rights... If you can't divulge, no worries, but it's always interesting to know how these things work.
Anyway, whatever cards you do put out for The Thing, I will be at the front of the queue. Thumb Up
April 13, 2017, 04:45 PM
Kryten67
I got an Update email...

this ships out on the 24th now......

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!
April 15, 2017, 10:52 AM
Ben - Fright-Rags
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben - Fright-Rags:
Thanks so much! As for your requests, Day of the Dead could happen, but it won't be for awhile. We probably won't be able to to Terminator - at least not for awhile either. Trading cards are tricky when it comes to rights.

We do have trading card rights for The Thing, but we are limited in what we are allowed to do, so we are thinking of the best ways to deliver something cool for this and the other titles we have with Universal. It just might be a scaled down version and not a full set.


Thanks for responding so specifically! Again, if only all card manufacturers did the same.
Great to hear Day of the Dead is possible, and I figured as much with The Terminator being a 'bigger' property.

But so happy to hear you actually do have the rights for The Thing, of all my suggestions that was the one I was most hoping to hear could happen. The best news I've heard on a potential new card set in a long time.
Are you able to share details of the limitations? I always assume actor image rights... If you can't divulge, no worries, but it's always interesting to know how these things work.
Anyway, whatever cards you do put out for The Thing, I will be at the front of the queue. Thumb Up


Thanks! The main issues we are having are approved images. Universal only wants us to use images that are cleared by their legal dept. And for a lesser title (by their standards) made in 1982, there aren't many images to choose from so we could not make a complete set. That said, we are trying to work with them on getting more, it's just going to take some time.

____________________
FRIGHT-RAGS
kick-*** horror shirts and accessories
www.fright-rags.com
April 19, 2017, 01:27 PM
Kryten67
Re-Animator Has Shipped!

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!
April 22, 2017, 01:27 PM
Kryten67


Mailman was very good today.

Extremely Well Packed!

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!
April 22, 2017, 04:08 PM
Richard Parks
WOO HOOO!
I pre-ordered... very excited about gettin' 'em into my horror card collection. Thanks for publishing these!
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Re-Animator Has Shipped!

April 22, 2017, 04:13 PM
Richard Parks
Sorry to hear about the limitations ... am sure you'll do a great job with what you're allowed to use. About two years ago I was emailed with John Carpenter about doing The Thing trading cards. He was quite enthusiastic -- have you contacted him? I found him to be approachable and a pretty damn decent fellow. Good luck with the project. By the way... instead of doing The Thing I opted for (and got) the license for MST3K... so am working on that whilst I finish up my seventh series of The Three Stooges.
April 25, 2017, 11:16 AM
Ben - Fright-Rags
Thank you so much!

____________________
FRIGHT-RAGS
kick-*** horror shirts and accessories
www.fright-rags.com
April 25, 2017, 11:18 AM
Ben - Fright-Rags
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Parks:
Sorry to hear about the limitations ... am sure you'll do a great job with what you're allowed to use. About two years ago I was emailed with John Carpenter about doing The Thing trading cards. He was quite enthusiastic -- have you contacted him? I found him to be approachable and a pretty damn decent fellow. Good luck with the project. By the way... instead of doing The Thing I opted for (and got) the license for MST3K... so am working on that whilst I finish up my seventh series of The Three Stooges.


That is great to hear - I received a promo MST3K card in the new Non-Sport Update magazine. Looks great!

I have met John Carpenter and he is very nice. However, aside from maybe doing signature cards, he has no control over The Thing; it all has to go through Universal so we are beholden to them.

____________________
FRIGHT-RAGS
kick-*** horror shirts and accessories
www.fright-rags.com
April 28, 2017, 01:05 PM
Kryten67
A few Pics I found ( you know where )









RE-ANIMATOR 1985 CULT FILM YELLOW PARLLEL CHASE CARD SET OF 6


RE-ANIMATOR 1985 CULT BEHIND THE SCENES CHASE CARD SET OF 9

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

____________________
Today is a Good Day to Buy!